Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd completely forgotten about him! So witty - and not a single verse repeated. A delight.

I believe that he first came to prominence on a UK TV show called "Braden's Beat". He was born in Leeds and worked as a teacher in 'Uddersfield just down the road. Died 16 years ago at 64. Very funny and very, very droll.

I have a lot of family stories. Just wait until the holidays roll around and I tell you about the Christmas that my dad beat the living snot out of the town Santa Claus, while wearing his costume, just a couple of hours before he was to hand out candy to the kiddies. It's a hoot (and Santa had it coming).

The thing is, though...everyone has these family stories. Everyone's got an impatient dad or a hilariously pervy uncle, or a goofy brother, mine aren't unique. I just happen to have no shame in sharing them! :)
Your writing style in general is what I like. I think you should write a novel. I would read it.

Here's the soup for tomorrow - ham and bean, my brother's favorite:

34B0A5CB-9F9A-48B6-9E38-52684ADADB4F.jpeg

I'll keep skimming the fat off, but it already tastes great.

Now the deviled eggs are done. I had to hide them from the wife.

Bread is on its second rise. All that's left for today is to make some German potato salad, mow the grass (in this heat and humidity!) and touch up the house-cleaning.

I told MrsTasty that supper is her responsibility, which means some kind of fast food, but that's ok.

Tomorrow, it'll be up early to make a quick breakfast for ourselves, then I'll make the rest of the meal...bacon for BLTs, cornbread, and apple crisp/crumble - all pretty easy to do.

Lots of food work today: making soup, making bread, making deviled eggs, and German potato salad.

Tomorrow, I'm making BLTs, cornbread, and apple crisp/crumble to round it out. We have guests coming over tomorrow.

I hate having guests. :(

I love cooking for people. No friends coming tonight as the wife's out with her besty.

Russ

German potato salad, still in the pan. Now I just have to mow the lawn. I think I'll leave the housecleaning until tomorrow.
FF10DA50-95B1-4794-8B49-62E073A98621.jpeg

They'll get a good meal, if nothing else.

Yep, that would apply. :)

The thing is, he's a really good guy and none of his stuff is intentional. For example, he likes to drink bourbon. A lot. So when he comes to my house, he's usually already started, because he loves coming over here.

So he makes his own drinks, but he can't sit still, so he's in the kitchen, he's in the bar, he's in the bathroom, he's out in the garage, he's in the living room, he's out in the yard, he's on the front porch, he's on the back deck...and that's the first 30 minutes.

Everywhere he goes, he has a drink in his hand, and he always sets them down in the unlikeliest places, forgets about them, then makes a new one, and the cycle repeats.

He'll go through 20 glasses while he's here, and when he leaves, I've got to play whiskey glass scavenger hunt, going around my entire two-acre property looking for them.

I've found glasses nestled in tree branches, where he stopped to pull some weeds, a glass in my mailbox, where he checked my mail for me (the mail carrier found that one), a glass in the freezer where he set in down while getting ice...for the glass that he set down.

And that's just one thing he does.

He's still much more palatable than his wife. :laugh:

I'd love to sit back and watch your bro, that's so funny.

Russ

I love cooking for people. No friends coming tonight as the wife's out with her besty.

Russ
I like it, as long as it's not too many people. And if they'd eat it somewhere other than my house. :laugh:

I have a lot of family stories. Just wait until the holidays roll around and I tell you about the Christmas that my dad beat the living snot out of the town Santa Claus, while wearing his costume, just a couple of hours before he was to hand out candy to the kiddies. It's a hoot (and Santa had it coming).

The thing is, though...everyone has these family stories. Everyone's got an impatient dad or a hilariously pervy uncle, or a goofy brother, mine aren't unique. I just happen to have no shame in sharing them! :)

I'm that guy, lol. The things that happen to me!! You're right, we all know someone.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom