Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sad you have to go to the dentist on a Saturday, but your comment about something being "totally wrong in the world" made me smile a little.

I used to see a dentist (whom I liked very much) who did night appointments a couple of times a week, and that was a surreal feeling, because the office building she was in was deserted by that time, and all the lights shut off, and sitting in her chair with nothing but the exam light shining and reflecting off the plate glass windows, I used to think, "She could murder me right now and no one would know.." :laugh:

But you are still alive.

I'm up, but still full of cold. No flying today. Bum!

i feel bad for you, and that I didn't tell you the Texas cold cure... really hot chilis in everything from breakfast to dinner. It may not kill the virus, but you won't know it. Your sinuses become a wind tunnel.

I hope you didn't lose too much money, and get another shot at flying over London.

CD

i feel bad for you, and that I didn't tell you the Texas cold cure... really hot chilis in everything from breakfast to dinner. It may not kill the virus, but you won't know it. Your sinuses become a wind tunnel.

I hope you didn't lose too much money, and get another shot at flying over London.

CD
Thanks. It was £400 for the pair of us. I'm going to call them shortly to tell them we're not coming. In theory I lose the lot, but their brochure does say in certain circumstances it may be possible to rebook for a small additional fee. I will lay on the snot and coughing a bit thick when I talk to them and hope they take pity.
My preferred treatment for a cold is a hot chocolate with a shot of rum in it. When I say shot, up to 50% rum is acceptable.

We´re going to have some friends over for lunch today. Nothing special; probably just a fresh pasta and a salad, with some of my Tuscan antipasto to start! And a couple of bottles of wine - that should make for a special Sunday!

Perhaps you should look up sploshing in the urban dictionary :wink:
I don't think I need to... :whistling:

I was referring to my "Nosh 'n' Splosh" moniker, however, weren't you? :laugh:

The first time I ever heard the word splosh was when I was a kid, reading up on my Beatles lore, long before the internet, where in an interview, Mr. Lennon referred to a particular studio effect (artificial double tracking, if you're keeping score) as a "sploshing flange," just a bit of nonsensical techno-babble that sounded impressive, no doubt.

Pleased with myself today - salad dressing for tonight is made and chilling in the fridge, soup is also done, and since there are no doc appointments or shopping to do, I'll be mowing the lawn shortly over my lunch hour.

That means, at 4PM, I should be sat on my fat rump drinking a very nice beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom