Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont let them do a bone nasal job on your nose !!!

Russ
Yeah, I don't think it would come to that. I definitely have that eustachian tube dysfunction in my ears and I suspect that they might need to flush my sinus cavities or something.
Hopefully, it’s a light day today at work.

Other than that, I’ve got to get back to proper menu planning, something I’ve gotten away from for the last several months, and poking through the freezer, I see that I’ve got a load of beef to work through (ground beef, London broil, petite sirloin, and chuck roast). I’ve pulled the chuck roast out for Sunday. Don’t know what I’ll do with it yet, though I don’t want to make the same old pot roast/beef stew.
My husband won't eat pot roast, LOL, but loves beef stew. If I cooked a pot roast he wouldn't touch it, but if I cube it up and call it beef stew with all the same ingredients, he devours it.

Full fillet and 1/2 porterhouse(strip). Is that what you call them caseydog ??

Russ

Yup, the big side of a porterhouse is t NY Strip, and the smaller side is a file in the US.

When it comes to names of the cuts of beef steak, It doesn't really matter who is right or wrong. I bring it up so much because it is important that we understand each other. I know what you are eating, and you know what I am eating.

CD

Yup, the big side of a porterhouse is t NY Strip, and the smaller side is a file in the US.

When it comes to names of the cuts of beef steak, It doesn't really matter who is right or wrong. I bring it up so much because it is important that we understand each other. I know what you are eating, and you know what I am eating.

CD
I'm pretty sure I know your terminology. :)

Russ

Raining here in chch nz. Daughter posted her son and her at a beach in alicante 28deg c. Lunch on the beach.
I'll prolly be doing shrooms on toast for lunch.

Russ

It's a public holiday here for the Queen's birthday, so hubby has booked the cinema in the premiere lounge (reclining leathery seats, bar service etc). So I'll just cook a quick meal ready for tomorrow and I did wood yesterday, so don't need any today.

I might be inclined to hover the bedroom, I might not. And I'll get some knitting done whilst sitting in front of the wood burner keeping warm. It's marginally warmer than of late at the moment with a wonderful 4°C outside but 100% humidity. We're in low cloud.

Once home, I'll have to check that the chooks made it to roost successfully which frankly given the last week really means hunt the missing chicken. She's large and brilliant white and seems to think she's invisible to big torch shone around should find her quite easily assuming nothing else does first. For that reason, they're not out free ranging today, but behind the electric fence which fences off something bigger than must people's back garden... It's just the girls down in the bantam chook house that won't be able to stretch their legs today. Not ideal but they were out all day yesterday and I can get them out from midday tomorrow.

We've been waiting about a week now to hear word as to when a pretty big home-improvement project would begin.
I got a phone call last night from the contractor: he'll be dropping off a crew of 3 guys tomorrow around 8am and should be able to complete the job by Friday.
:ohmy:
We have a ton of prep to do today along with organize somewhere to stay for 2 days... we don't want to ne in the middle of the mayhem.
I gotta get my motor runnin' !!!

Other than a mandatory wood run, collecting the post and the bins and then rounding up and counting the girls into bed at 5pm tonight, all of everything else is cancelled*. I've gone down with a chest infection and simply want to sleep but my breathing is a problem, so I'm nebulising at the moment.

Luckily both lunch and evening meal for today is already cooked. It just needs reheating and the eggy bread making this evening. Hubby should be able to manage that.

Tomorrow is another matter. But it may be a freezer day, or if I'm up to it either cauliflower & pea Kharachi or leek & potato soup depending on how I feel tomorrow.

*no shower or bath today. Can't risk making my chest worse. I can nebulise instead of a hot steam inhalation with hypertonic saline 6% salt which will be just as effective without the need to get cold .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom