Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than a mandatory wood run, collecting the post and the bins and then rounding up and counting the girls into bed at 5pm tonight, all of everything else is cancelled*. I've gone down with a chest infection and simply want to sleep but my breathing is a problem, so I'm nebulising at the moment.

Luckily both lunch and evening meal for today is already cooked. It just needs reheating and the eggy bread making this evening. Hubby should be able to manage that.

Tomorrow is another matter. But it may be a freezer day, or if I'm up to it either cauliflower & pea Kharachi or leek & potato soup depending on how I feel tomorrow.

*no shower or bath today. Can't risk making my chest worse. I can nebulise instead of a hot steam inhalation with hypertonic saline 6% salt which will be just as effective without the need to get cold .
I can sympathize. I've been under the weather the past few days. I just laid around and didn't do much.

Mate butcher was here earlier. His phone went and he answered it. I turned tv to mute so he could talk . I heard the whole convo with him and a psychiatrist. Apparently he had a butcher knife in his car and wanted to end it all. He drove to a medical center and spoke to him.. he came here then the psychiatrist rang him. I didn't realise how bad it was for him. They spoke for 30 mins. He said he was in a better space after taking to her and myself.
Doesn't help his son bullied him. His son is a p.o.s.
I will ring him later.

Russ

With our house all torn up on the inside (having new baseboards put in through out the home) my husband and I decided it would save our sanity to check into a local hotel.
I found one that has rooms that are quite spacious AND has a full kitchen!
Breakfast was free, nothing elaborate, but after a morning siesta we'll go down to the pool for a bit.
The foremen informed us yesterday that they should complete the job today, so we'll stay one more night and access the clean up tomorrow.
I think we'll go out to early dinner after we go back to the house to pay the guys and lock it up for the night.

With our house all torn up on the inside (having new baseboards put in through out the home) my husband and I decided it would save our sanity to check into a local hotel.
Breakfast was free, nothing elaborate, but after a morning siesta we'll go down to the pool for a bit.
The foremen informed us yesterday that they should complete the job today, so we'll stay one more night and access the clean up tomorrow.
I think we'll go out to early dinner after we go back to the house to pay the guys and lock it up for the night.

Sounds like a little holiday - lucky you!

I can sympathize. I've been under the weather the past few days. I just laid around and didn't do much.
Sorry to hear that.

I struggle badly when ill because I don't produce cortisol, so have to routinely take hydrocortisone instead. When I'm ill, injured, or having an operation it has to be increased. The problem is that ordinarily your body would increase it before you get ill to try to recover and fight off the infection. So I'm always playing catch up and can sleep 18hrs or more a day for no apparent reason until whatever is happening makes itself known. I still sleep after it's known, but at least we know why by then. I've tried not sleeping and frankly, it only makes it worse and whatever it is last much longer. As usual it's my bronchi that are objecting to life yet again.

Hope you feel better soon.

Sorry to hear that.

I struggle badly when ill because I don't produce cortisol, so have to routinely take hydrocortisone instead. When I'm ill, injured, or having an operation it has to be increased. The problem is that ordinarily your body would increase it before you get ill to try to recover and fight off the infection. So I'm always playing catch up and can sleep 18hrs or more a day for no apparent reason until whatever is happening makes itself known. I still sleep after it's known, but at least we know why by then. I've tried not sleeping and frankly, it only makes it worse and whatever it is last much longer. As usual it's my bronchi that are objecting to life yet again.

Hope you feel better soon.
I am a victim of horrible respiratory issues for the most part and my respiratory allergies are off the charts, but from what I've read yours are 10x (not to mention all the food allergies that I do not have).

I am a huge advocate of sleep. When my kids were little and they would get up too early on Saturdays, I would jokingly chastise them and have them go back to bed. As teenagers that was never a problem, they figured out the value of good sleep! Sleep is such a great healer. I sometimes take generic benedryl so that I can fall asleep. I just wish I could stay there. I do wake up early often, but I love just lying in bed. That wasn't always the case, there was a time that when I woke up I sprang up out of bed. I do not do that anymore unless I have things to do (like work). I thankfully have a job where I am my own boss so generally can make my own hours.

Oh BTW, I am feeling much better today, thank you for the kind wishes.

Last edited:
I love a pool!

I love a pool!
Well, we didn't make it to the pool today, we needed to do some running around.
We found out that it's going to be another day on the project, but that's okay by us.
Maybe we'll get into the pool after dinner tonight... it's staying light out now until about 8pm.

Saw the Prof on Thursday about my nose, all is good and I am now signed off so today I will be paying paying his bill, pay the cattery for their holiday coming up, make a list of everything I need to pack. My menopausal brain fog is pretty bad so now have loads of lists to make sure I don't forget anything.

Mate butcher was here earlier. His phone went and he answered it. I turned tv to mute so he could talk . I heard the whole convo with him and a psychiatrist. ... Russ
Sorry to hear that, mental problems are really serious these days. Wish you and your butcher mate everything good.
Yt video

We made it down to the pool/patio area in back of our hotel.
It's just lovely!
hotel patio area.jpg

We will definitely be staying here again when we have our house painted!

Quiet day after big night. My team Canterbury crusaders ( chch pop 400k)
Beat Auckland blues ? ( akld pop 1.5 million) 21 to 7 in trans tasman final.

Fyi The Velvet Curtain Leicester fai anyku sp? Was the star. He was born in your town. His father named him after your city. Hes now an all black as well.
Our coach scott ( razor). Robertson has won this comp last 6 years in a row.
I also read Leicester won your local comp as well

Congrats.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom