Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rode in a local cycling event today. I’m currently not in the best shape, but my friends peer pressured me into signing up for the 65 km ride. I decided to ride the e-bike (the event was not a race so e-bikes are allowed).

The winds were SO. BAD. I kept the e-assist off for the first 17.5 km in the interest of conserving battery, and struggled so hard for the first 10 km. Got into a bit of a rhythm, but still having trouble on the uphills and riding into the wind.

The group I was with collectively decided to take a shortcut that cut around 10 km off the route and avoided a major hill, and I was glad about that. Even with e-assist, it was a really tough ride.

Worried about how sore I’m going to be tomorrow - I’ve soaked in an epsom salt bath but I could feel the stiffness and soreness setting in on the drive home.

I rode in a local cycling event today. I’m currently not in the best shape, but my friends peer pressured me into signing up for the 65 km ride. I decided to ride the e-bike (the event was not a race so e-bikes are allowed).
Wow! I’d want to pull over and rest after 65km in a car, let alone a bike! :laugh:

Believe it or not, we're kinda tired of eating restaurant food.
:D
We don't <edit> have workers at the house today, but we will tomorrow...
So we're spending yet another night in the hotel.
What we're going to do is go back to the house and get some food to make up our own dinner this evening.

Last edited:
Well I wasn't sure how I would feel today as I have been low energy after being sick Wednesday and Thursday, but I ended up having more energy than I though I would. I cleaned my house and got my hubby to mop the floors!

I am boiling shrimp shells for the stock to make my seafood chowder, which will contain walleye fish, sea scallop pieces, mussels, and shrimp, along with a roasted garlic and tomato cream bisque, mushroom, onion, potato, asparagus, and grilled corn sliced off the cob. I have made this before and it's yummy! I have half a loaf of homemade bread in my refrigerator I am going to use to make garlic toast for dipping.

Plans for today don't (currently) involve leaving the house but I need to
  • do a wood run after sharpening the axe (I had to buy a new sharpening stone yesterday after establishing part way through sharpening the axe, that the whetstone doesn't bounce),
  • retrieve some more wood (chainsaw) for storage,
  • hover the entire house,
  • catch 2 chickens to give them a feather cut (they can't currently see very well so whilst I can catch them without issue, it's actually a 2 person job to clip the feathers around their eyes because you have to hold their head in a vice like grip and hold their body, and a pair of scissors... 1 of them usually cooperates, the other won't. And it has to be done outside.
  • Then I need to get the broccoli seedlings into the ground and
  • sow the onion seeds,
  • weed the veg plot,
  • weed the borders and
  • make a start on cutting the lawn again.

Luckily I don't need to cook today, I did that yesterday.

And I need to
  • reposition the solar panel for the electric fence energised (aka battery). It's about 40° out in alignment and at this time of year that pretty much has it pointing the wrong way.
  • Then I need to take water up to the chook enclosure to refill the 50L tank,
  • refill all of the food containers,
  • turn over the deep mulch and
  • cut the toenails on one of my girls. They are too long and just like dogs and humans, they need to be kept shorter if they are not to cause too many problems. That's actually a 1 person job

But all of that is going to have to wait until it isn't quite so foggy outside.

Somehow I suspect the weeding and planting and lawn cutting will drop down the list of jobs to do. I'm still not 100% and an exhausted after yesterday as it is.

Plans for today don't (currently) involve leaving the house but I need to
  • do a wood run after sharpening the axe (I had to buy a new sharpening stone yesterday after establishing part way through sharpening the axe, that the whetstone doesn't bounce),
  • retrieve some more wood (chainsaw) for storage,
  • hover the entire house,
  • catch 2 chickens to give them a feather cut (they can't currently see very well so whilst I can catch them without issue, it's actually a 2 person job to clip the feathers around their eyes because you have to hold their head in a vice like grip and hold their body, and a pair of scissors... 1 of them usually cooperates, the other won't. And it has to be done outside.
  • Then I need to get the broccoli seedlings into the ground and
  • sow the onion seeds,
  • weed the veg plot,
  • weed the borders and
  • make a start on cutting the lawn again.

Luckily I don't need to cook today, I did that yesterday.

And I need to
  • reposition the solar panel for the electric fence energised (aka battery). It's about 40° out in alignment and at this time of year that pretty much has it pointing the wrong way.
  • Then I need to take water up to the chook enclosure to refill the 50L tank,
  • refill all of the food containers,
  • turn over the deep mulch and
  • cut the toenails on one of my girls. They are too long and just like dogs and humans, they need to be kept shorter if they are not to cause too many problems. That's actually a 1 person job

But all of that is going to have to wait until it isn't quite so foggy outside.

Somehow I suspect the weeding and planting and lawn cutting will drop down the list of jobs to do. I'm still not 100% and an exhausted after yesterday as it is.

You sound like a full time farmer!!

Russ
I need to start thinking about seedlings.

Thankfully I've flattened the chainsaw battery so have called it a day outside on the wood and chicken front.

Wood is cut and it, more wood gathered, cut & split to assist seasoning (salt & pepper fits better between the cracks that way and the huntsman (big but friendly spider) has been evicted.

Chooks' food & water is done.

Lawn is going to have to wait. I'm too tired to walk the 2½km needed before I've done even ⅓rd of the garden and it's due to rain tomorrow heavily so it will be the weekend before it has drained enough to continue. (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it).

I'll try to plant the seedlings and seeds and reposition the solar panel this afternoon but right now I'm sitting down having 5 minutes before lunch

Thankfully I've flattened the chainsaw battery so have called it a day outside on the wood and chicken front.

Wood is cut and it, more wood gathered, cut & split to assist seasoning (salt & pepper fits better between the cracks that way and the huntsman (big but friendly spider) has been evicted.

Chooks' food & water is done.

Lawn is going to have to wait. I'm too tired to walk the 2½km needed before I've done even ⅓rd of the garden and it's due to rain tomorrow heavily so it will be the weekend before it has drained enough to continue. (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it).

I'll try to plant the seedlings and seeds and reposition the solar panel this afternoon but right now I'm sitting down having 5 minutes before lunch
I didn't get the seeds or seedlings planted, but I did replant the 2 olive trees, and the bulbs from the 2 pots, plus I planted some additional bulbs that arrived...

I managed to catch one of the girls that needed a feather cut. She's getting the hang of it and knows she's better off afterwards so doesn't fight too much nowadays but it's still a 2 person job because I have to cut the base of feathers right up close to her eye at the skin. Design flaw! It's her breed. All 3 girls of that breed have the same issue, but this one is by far the worst. She'll be good for about 6 weeks and then we'll have to repeat it because she's still growing her feathers back. Then she'll be good for the rest of the year.

I also managed to move the solar panel electric fence and have myself a nasty shock in the process... grrr hands are still hurting but there's no burns thankfully. Just painful. But at least it is now at the correct angle to the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom