Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am alone tonight so looking to catch up on a few bits and pieces, ironing, tidying, maybe do a bit of reading.

I'm off work this week. Originally planned to be a "batch week," as MrsTasty was supposed to be out of town, but now it's a week of doc's appointments, chores, and meeting up with family.

Today's main event is a doc's appointment for the wife, followed by a shopping trip to pick up dog food.

I have a 45-lb dog, and in her old age, she's decided she wants these cheap little containers of food meant for wee tiny dogs mixed in with her proper food. She goes through about six of these little things a day, which means I'm constantly buying these things. Honestly, it's a bit aggravating

I'm off work this week. Originally planned to be a "batch week," as MrsTasty was supposed to be out of town, but now it's a week of doc's appointments, chores, and meeting up with family.

Today's main event is a doc's appointment for the wife, followed by a shopping trip to pick up dog food.

I have a 45-lb dog, and in her old age, she's decided she wants these cheap little containers of food meant for wee tiny dogs mixed in with her proper food. She goes through about six of these little things a day, which means I'm constantly buying these things. Honestly, it's a bit aggravating

Could you perhaps 'batch make' some copycat (dog) food - have a look at what's in those containers...

Could you perhaps 'batch make' some copycat (dog) food - have a look at what's in those containers...
I went quite a long time with making her food - didn't particularly enjoy it, as I already cook enough, and it got to where I felt like I should just make a bed in the kitchen and live in it. I like to cook, but not that much.

Anyway, there's a history with the dog and her food that I won't get into, but we end up changing her food every couple of years, and the homemade thing lasted about a year or so before it was time to change again.

Her main food is a super-ultra-premium-fit-for-human-consumption loaf (with a price to match), and she's been on that the longest, four years or so, but she started to go off it last year and the vet recommended mixing in the cheap stuff. She said dogs love that, basically for the same reason so many people love junk food, and at her age (16 at the time), she was less concerned with long-term health issues and more concerned with keeping weight on her (she has a heart condition that's given her a supercharged metabolism), so if it takes mixing in a little doggie junk food with her good stuff, so be it.

Being that it's specifically made for little five pound dogs, the containers are tiny, and I've got to buy about 30 at a time, and it still feels like I spend half my life in the queue at the shop, with a basket full of these things.

And that's more about my dog's diet than you ever wanted to know! :)

I went quite a long time with making her food - didn't particularly enjoy it, as I already cook enough, and it got to where I felt like I should just make a bed in the kitchen and live in it. I like to cook, but not that much.

Fair enough! I was just thinking of making some huge vat that could be frozen in portions and would for last months. But hey - if she likes the little containers and she is so old then she deserves to be treated.

Being that it's specifically made for little five pound dogs, the containers are tiny, and I've got to buy about 30 at a time, and it still feels like I spend half my life in the queue at the shop, with a basket full of these things.

Must be costing a small fortune too. Is it a specific brand she likes? In the cut-price supermarkets here they have similar to the expensive brands but much cheaper.

Dentist. Teeth cleaning.

Then to the Off Road Toy dealer armed with the reason they couldn’t figure out why a water pump on one of our vehicles leaks.
Free warranty repair will save us $800 US.
A farmer in Utah figured out the cause and a proper fix.
2 years of frustration finally a solution.
The internet saves again.

Must be costing a small fortune too. Is it a specific brand she likes? In the cut-price supermarkets here they have similar to the expensive brands but much cheaper.
The little ones are pretty cheap, but her main food is hellaciously expensive, and she's eating literally twice as much food today as she was three years ago. Back then, like a normal dog, she had a morning meal and an evening meal. Now she's up to a morning meal, a late morning meal, an afternoon meal, and an evening meal. She's pretty much living to eat at this point. :)

Believe me when I tell you, we love our dog very much (or else we wouldn't do all this), but when she's gone, between the food and the meds and the vet bills, it'll be like instantly getting an extra income, just in the money saved.

We went to the doc's, then to the grocery (where the scan and bag thingy worked perfectly), and then decided to swing into a local orchard for cider and cider doughnuts, completely forgetting that schools are closed today, so it was full of kids, which was the whole point in going on a weekday.
MrsTasty bought two cider doughnuts, "one for now, one for later," and yet, as if by magic, both doughnuts disappeared before we got home. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Feed the chickens?
Nah, they feed themselves. They have around 1 weeks worth of food in a big tube (well 7 odd them in total between 2 coops and free ranging) that only gives them access to a tiny amount but tops it up automatically as they feed. It's a great system, stops mice and rats but sadly rosellas, magpies, crows, magpie larks and one or two others including the Indian miner bird can also feed from them so the 2 free range ones are moved into the garage when the girls are not free ranging like today.

I'm pretty certain it is something to do with the kitchen but I still can't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom