Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh...back to work after three days off. I seriously do not know how I'm going to last another six years here. 19 minutes past 9AM and my stomach is already in knots, just going through my emails.

At least I'm working from home this week.

We can get both the US and UK printings here of some magazines. I just picked up the UK edition of December's Good Housekeeping and their "Christmas Collection" holiday special edition.

Going through one now and noticing a lot of interesting things to try. I usually throw magazines on the heap when I'm done, but I'll be keeping these for a bit.

That's how my dad is. We once drove 17 hours over two days from Cincy to Killeen, TX to see my brother, got there at 4PM, then when we woke up the next morning and finished breakfast, Dad said, "Well, it's a long drive home, better get started." :laugh:

I'd like to say that's the only time he did something like that, but I personally experienced three other occurrences.

I covered a race at Road Atlanta about ten years ago. Petit LeMans. A friend met me there later in the week. We drove back to Dallas in our modified Audis in just under 9 hours, including stops for gas, bathroom breaks and road food. It was an 856 mile drive. Do the math.

One of my customers held the record for NYC to Redondo Beach, CA at 31 hours, 59 minutes in a Ferrari 550 Maranello. It has since been beaten. I think the current record is around 28 hours.

The fastest I have ever driven is about 165MPH. The car, a RUF Rt12, was capable of about 217MPH, but it is hard to find a place to do that. I did 165 on a closed Air Force runway that was about 2.5 miles long. The owner of the car got into the 180s, but it was his $300,000 car, not mine.

Number one on my bucket list is to drive 200MPH. Probably not going to happen.

CD

CD

You have to work Christmas Day and Boxing day?
Christmas Day, no; Boxing Day (not a holiday here), yes.

I'm actually irritated over Boxing Day. There's an unwritten rule that only minimum work should be done this week, sort of a little holiday gift, and across the company, more people are out this week than in.

What does one workaholic putz do? Schedules an important kickoff meeting with my team for Thursday, 9AM. I'm the only one from my team working, so we're just going to have to do this all over again next week when everyone is back!

:facepalm:

Today is now Christmas Eve here (I should be in bed as its 1.30.am)

My plans when waking up:
  1. Get over my fear of opening the box containing the cockerel. I put it into the fridge in the box in which it arrived. I now have box opening fear.:hyper:
  2. Make stuffing & prep the cockerel for Xmas dinner (juniper butter under the skin and stuffing in the neck end).
  3. Par-boil potatoes for Xmas day roast potatoes.
  4. Make vegetarian Xmas meatloaf (daughter is vegetarian).
  5. Make cranberry & apple sauce.
  6. Make beetroot and lamb curry for recipe challenge and for dinner.

I covered a race at Road Atlanta about ten years ago. Petit LeMans. A friend met me there later in the week. We drove back to Dallas in our modified Audis in just under 9 hours, including stops for gas, bathroom breaks and road food. It was an 856 mile drive. Do the math.

One of my customers held the record for NYC to Redondo Beach, CA at 31 hours, 59 minutes in a Ferrari 550 Maranello. It has since been beaten. I think the current record is around 28 hours.

The fastest I have ever driven is about 165MPH. The car, a RUF Rt12, was capable of about 217MPH, but it is hard to find a place to do that. I did 165 on a closed Air Force runway that was about 2.5 miles long. The owner of the car got into the 180s, but it was his $300,000 car, not mine.

Number one on my bucket list is to drive 200MPH. Probably not going to happen.

CD

CD

Bonneville salt flats? You heard of burt munroe? The worlds fastest Indian?

Russ

Salting down the rib roast, making the carrots and a pie today, and the pud batter. Fondue tonight, then opening stocking stuffers.

Well, I've got to pick up some groceries, not sure which of the four stores I frequent I want to visit today - probably the closest one.

That's because tonight, we're going to see a live concert performance of the soundtrack to "A Charlie Brown Christmas."

Here's the thing - we go out to something like that five or six times a year; a play, opera, a reading, etc. Every time, I'm excited when I'm making reservations, then on the day, it's the last thing I want to do. I feel like instead of having something to look forward to, I have an unpleasant task hanging over me.

Now, once I get there and settled into my seat, everything will be fine and I'll enjoy myself. But right now, it just feels like a huge inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom