Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen on the news a lot of people have signed a petition to stop the Sydney New Year firework display, stop putting even more smoke in the air and use the money to fight the fires, great idea.

The fireworks are going ahead, it would hurt businesses too much if they stopped it. Go figure!!

Russ

The fireworks are going ahead, it would hurt businesses too much if they stopped it. Go figure!!

Russ
Actually given that tourism had been badly hit in Sydney, that makes sense (but only from that point of view and not one i agree with). They've just launched a major advertising campaign with Kilie Minogue to try to encourage Brits to come back to Sydney and the area as a whole. Tourism had been badly hit not unsurprisingly.

Kangaroo Valley tourists have just been told to leave the area because there is only 1 road in and out now due to the fires. And at home at least, I have been saying for a while that they are going to lose kangaroo valley. There is nothing between it and the fires except for national park bushland aka fire fodder.

Actually given that tourism had been badly hit in Sydney, that makes sense (but only from that point of view and not one i agree with). They've just launched a major advertising campaign with Kilie Minogue to try to encourage Brits to come back to Sydney and the area as a whole. Tourism had been badly hit not unsurprisingly.

Kangaroo Valley tourists have just been told to leave the area because there is only 1 road in and out now due to the fires. And at home at least, I have been saying for a while that they are going to lose kangaroo valley. There is nothing between it and the fires except for national park bushland aka fire fodder.

Just been on news, fireworks put off. Common sense prevailed.

Russ

They showed the ad here with kylie amid Paul etc. people asked said it was cringy, google searches on australia and nz are high in the uk.

Russ

Russ

We will be in Sydney next September :hyper:

Busy morning. 65mph winds overnight knocked out power. Had to run into town and get ice for the coolers, and just as I got everything out of the fridge, the power came back on.

Heading into work now, but taking my time and stopping for breakfast.

Going out for a walk this afternoon, both still feeling rough.
Happy New Year everyone

Staying with my friend in Saffron Walden who has gone out to Tesco Express (seems to be only food shop open) to get a tin of anchovies and some linguine. He somehow forgot to shop yesterday apart from some crevettes and caviar (not real). So I'm on an invention test...

First walk of the year: 4.00km, now feeling shattered enjoyed it though, a lovely day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom