Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been struggling with my asthma and general ability to do anything.

Had a doctors appointment earlier in the week. Can't even remember if I mentioned it. Get more meds to rebulise and tablets to take, but it's better than hospital. However, I'm struggling.
When I get have, hubby had had to take me, I trapped my finger in the car door. It took the car door being opened toget my finger back out. Nothing broken, but I needed to suture the skin torn off below the fingernail. Last night the bandage was changed again. It's going to take several more days before I'll even be able to bend it again, let alone get it wet.

I was enjoying the cooler air this morning but just after hubby got up, the smoke rolled back in and I'm now back having dizzy fits (everyone is experiencing these whether they have lung problems or not - it is something to do with the smoke and standard P2 rated masks are not filtering it out. They only filter 95% of "stuff" out. The P3 masks/ respirator we have purchased that have just received filter out 99% and don't leave you have dizzy spells, but they only arrived yesterday)
Anyhow this morning, very unexpectedly the smoke rolled in very quickly and very thickly. Sadly I had every window and door open at this point (It was 27°C inside and only 17°C outside). The air purifier is still trying to get the air inside the house clean again And I need to go out to check on a first time mum chook who has chicks hatching as I write this. (I am hand writing this on my new tablet and other than my complete inability to get it to recognise full stops, it is on the while doing really well and I do really prefer writing to typing!)

So I'm not doing too well, but at least I'm managing to stay out of hospital which is something.

On another note, I am now the owner of a brand new, unused Pasta maker totally free of charge! On the menu this week, is as a result a dairy-free macaroni and cheese make with spagett instead.

Had a doctors appointment earlier in the week. Can't even remember if I mentioned it. Get more meds to rebulise and tablets to take, but it's better than hospital. However, I'm struggling.
When I get have, hubby had had to take me, I trapped my finger in the car door. It took the car door being opened toget my finger back out. Nothing broken, but I needed to suture the skin torn off below the fingernail. Last night the bandage was changed again. It's going to take several more days before I'll even be able to bend it again, let alone get it wet.

I was enjoying the cooler air this morning but just after hubby got up, the smoke rolled back in and I'm now back having dizzy fits (everyone is experiencing these whether they have lung problems or not - it is something to do with the smoke and standard P2 rated masks are not filtering it out. They only filter 95% of "stuff" out. The P3 masks/ respirator we have purchased that have just received filter out 99% and don't leave you have dizzy spells, but they only arrived yesterday)
Anyhow this morning, very unexpectedly the smoke rolled in very quickly and very thickly. Sadly I had every window and door open at this point (It was 27°C inside and only 17°C outside). The air purifier is still trying to get the air inside the house clean again And I need to go out to check on a first time mum chook who has chicks hatching as I write this. (I am hand writing this on my new tablet and other than my complete inability to get it to recognise full stops, it is on the while doing really well and I do really prefer writing to typing!)

So I'm not doing too well, but at least I'm managing to stay out of hospital which is something.

On another note, I am now the owner of a brand new, unused Pasta maker totally free of charge! On the menu this week, is as a result a dairy-free macaroni and cheese make with spagett instead.

Maybe you get hubby to hold the fort while you go somewhere smoke free?? You need a break!!

Russ

:hug:

SatNavSaysStraightOn - small victories are still victories, just hang in there a day at a time. This crap can't last forever.

Look for positive things (which it sounds like you do already) like that pasta maker. Enjoy it, and I can't wait to see that first round of noodles!

Grocery shopping done, guinea boys cage cleaned, oven on for lunch. Having a quiet afternoon because we have a big day tomorrow.

I find it refreshing to see kids playing with proper toys instead of having their faces stuck in a gaming console :thumbsup:

We do give them electronics too play with. A timer is set, and that is their allowance of video stuff for the day. Usually when were cooking breakfast and/or dinner. Otherwise were playing hands on with them.

I think I took a picture. I'll look. He drew a "map" on how to get from his house to the burried treasure. Then we messed around with is for half the day. It was full of awesomeness!!!

SatNav, You definitely have had some curve balls thrown at you in the health arena . I admire your spirit to "keep on keeping on" . Have fun with pasta maker and Take care!

Maybe you get hubby to hold the fort while you go somewhere smoke free?? You need a break!!

Russ
We're out if ideas on where to go to.
Perth is under threat. We'r have family on my hubby's side there, but those fires rule it out. Plus there's the obvious dietary issues to contend with. Never easy.
Sydney is out. Family on both sides... they are closer to a fire than we are, but have only just moved house (week before Christmas).
Hubby had family in Milton. Not a good place to be right now given town is still under threat and totally surrounded.
Roaming with my vehicle is out. I can't lift the new tent, the old tent is not suitable for aussie summers because it was purchased a decade ago for Scandinavian summers and winters. My back won't manage sleeping in the back on tbe vehicle and with the air pollution covering the entire NSW state and reaching NZ as well, where would I drive to get very away from it? South is out because of major fires in Victoria and the Snowy Mountains.... that doesn't leave many places where you can easily go to without needing a 4x4 kitted out with winch, extra tyres, extra fuel, shovels, sand ladders and all the extras for cruising a desert in summer... not to mention the need for a second person in each vehicle and a 2nd vehicle.

I could drive north but I'd have to drive 1,000s km to get away from the fires.

Yesterday the smoke rolled back in really suddenly and without much warning. I had had all the windows and doors open and the chicks I'm hand raising were also outside. Ended up spending much of the rest of the day in bed.

The chicks make cooking, eating and generally being around much more interesting. Drop anything on the floor whilst cooking and a herd of dinosaurs descend leaving not so little landmines in their wake.

Plans for this week include a couple of new soups, some Indian pancakes I've made once before and a rice & pomegranate dish (again Indian). That's our theme this week. But I've got to try harder on the diet as well. Last week was a bad week... and there's a baked feta cheese on the menu. A balance of cashew nuts and almond nuts, less salt and a little less lemon juice this time, plus being much more careful with the oven and baking it. I'm determined not to actually burn the outside this time!

Right now, I'm about to don the Darth Vader mask (P3 respirator mask) and go and check on our first time mum, Speckles, who had 2 chicks yesterday. A 3rd had to be extracted from its shell last night, it was shrink wrapped because of the really low humidity (normally i don't intervene but the lack of humidity is causing problems) . I don't know if it has survived the night and I need to check the remaining 3 eggs... these will be the last chicks for the year. We've a bunch roaming outside (6 that hatched before Christmas), the 7 I'm hand raising indoors because of the smoke not allowing me outside) and her x many hatched yesterday.

We're out if ideas on where to go to.
Perth is under threat. We'r have family on my hubby's side there, but those fires rule it out. Plus there's the obvious dietary issues to contend with. Never easy.
Sydney is out. Family on both sides... they are closer to a fire than we are, but have only just moved house (week before Christmas).
Hubby had family in Milton. Not a good place to be right now given town is still under threat and totally surrounded.
Roaming with my vehicle is out. I can't lift the new tent, the old tent is not suitable for aussie summers because it was purchased a decade ago for Scandinavian summers and winters. My back won't manage sleeping in the back on tbe vehicle and with the air pollution covering the entire NSW state and reaching NZ as well, where would I drive to get very away from it? South is out because of major fires in Victoria and the Snowy Mountains.... that doesn't leave many places where you can easily go to without needing a 4x4 kitted out with winch, extra tyres, extra fuel, shovels, sand ladders and all the extras for cruising a desert in summer... not to mention the need for a second person in each vehicle and a 2nd vehicle.

I could drive north but I'd have to drive 1,000s km to get away from the fires.

Yesterday the smoke rolled back in really suddenly and without much warning. I had had all the windows and doors open and the chicks I'm hand raising were also outside. Ended up spending much of the rest of the day in bed.

The chicks make cooking, eating and generally being around much more interesting. Drop anything on the floor whilst cooking and a herd of dinosaurs descend leaving not so little landmines in their wake.

Plans for this week include a couple of new soups, some Indian pancakes I've made once before and a rice & pomegranate dish (again Indian). That's our theme this week. But I've got to try harder on the diet as well. Last week was a bad week... and there's a baked feta cheese on the menu. A balance of cashew nuts and almond nuts, less salt and a little less lemon juice this time, plus being much more careful with the oven and baking it. I'm determined not to actually burn the outside this time!

Right now, I'm about to don the Darth Vader mask (P3 respirator mask) and go and check on our first time mum, Speckles, who had 2 chicks yesterday. A 3rd had to be extracted from its shell last night, it was shrink wrapped because of the really low humidity (normally i don't intervene but the lack of humidity is causing problems) . I don't know if it has survived the night and I need to check the remaining 3 eggs... these will be the last chicks for the year. We've a bunch roaming outside (6 that hatched before Christmas), the 7 I'm hand raising indoors because of the smoke not allowing me outside) and her x many hatched yesterday.

Nz is smoke free ATM.

Russ

small victories.

The chick that was shrink wrapped (wrapped in the dried out membrane of the egg) and that had to be helped with hatching last night, has survived the night which means that it will probably survive. :dance: Usually chicks that need help hatching either don't survive or are very weak and don't thrive. But, with the outside humidity so very low (below 20%), it is hard for anything to hatch before the membrane has dried out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom