Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The chorizo is finished, bagged and in the freezer. Cooked a small patty before I bagged, and we both agreed the recipe from Rhulman's Charcuterie book is a winner. The garlic/red wine sausage is finished, and it's also a winner taste wise, same book, but I still have to stuff it. Casings were dry salt packed so they are soaking in water to rehydrate.

I made to tofu/cashew herbed cream cheese today. It has to set overnight in the fridge and mature, but I don't think hubby will like it because the virgin coconut oiI I used comes through quite strongly. I'm OK with that but hubby is still "adjusting" to unrefined coconut oil. I've yet to find anywhere locally selling soIid refined coconut oil. last time I sent hubby out looking for refined coconut oil he came have with a very expensive bottle of liquid refined stuff that even in winter never set solid! And I keep forgetting to tag it onto an order online and Aussie postage is too expensive to be ordering a single item and then P&P on top. Plus it takes an eternity to turn up. (You may tell me that Royal Mail has gone downhill since I left the UK 3½ years ago but it is much much better even to the Scottish Highlands (I used to live there) than Aussie Post is even on a good day).

Going to the eye doc today to get new specs. I actually signed up for vision insurance this year, so we'll see how it is.

I have to wear progressives, which seem designed to provide poor vision close up, midway, and far away. 😒

These are things I plan to accomplish today, tomorrow and Thursday, not really certain which things will happen which day yet. (Other than Wednesday being a day when a couple friends and I intend to go to Northampton to be bad girls, and to have lunch out together.) But that leaves the rest of the day for some of the things.

I will be making the Cookbook challenge recipe, a Georgian chicken soup.
I will make Sweet Potato Crostini with avocado and finger lime recipe.
I will finish putting together Friday's blog post recipe (it's been cooked, it needs its photos and completed write up)
I'll be assembling the chicken roosting perch - really cool and an extra place for them to hang out. I'll also be seeing if there is a quick and simple way to hang their swing.
There's some chicken work that has to be done this afternoon when it will be above freezing for the last time until the weekend. (yes, today)
Laundry.
Dealing with homeowner's insurance, there was a mess-up. (today)
Paying some bills (today)
Calling my health insurance company to tell them my claim for MRI is indeed valid - since their website seems to just provide the information about the charge and not let me do anything else. (today).
Cleaning my bedroom and kitchen.
Deal with Medicare options. (today)

The "today" things take priority, but I'd really rather be cooking. I'll start on them in half an hour.

I have to wear progressives,

Never heard of those.

I will be making the Cookbook challenge recipe, a Georgian chicken soup.
I will make Sweet Potato Crostini with avocado and finger lime recipe.
I will finish putting together Friday's blog post recipe (it's been cooked, it needs its photos and completed write up)
I'll be assembling the chicken roosting perch - really cool and an extra place for them to hang out. I'll also be seeing if there is a quick and simple way to hang their swing.
There's some chicken work that has to be done this afternoon when it will be above freezing for the last time until the weekend. (yes, today)
Laundry.
Dealing with homeowner's insurance, there was a mess-up. (today)
Paying some bills (today)
Calling my health insurance company to tell them my claim for MRI is indeed valid - since their website seems to just provide the information about the charge and not let me do anything else. (today).
Cleaning my bedroom and kitchen.
Deal with Medicare options. (today)

That's a lot of things! I'm shameful...

Today:
Make spinach pasta dish for Recipe Challenge, photograph and type up (done)
Type up Kalettes recipe (done)
Clean kitchen sink (partly done)
Work on an idea for a broad bean & charred lettuce recipe.
Make Puntarelle salad.
Post Cauliflower with vegan cheese sauce recipe on forum (long overdue)

Never heard of those.
Possibly called something else there...trifocals, maybe? They have three prescriptions in the lens, one for near, one for middle, and one for distance, and they blend (progress) from one to the other, so you don't get that goofy-looking little window like you see in old-style bifocals.

Well, anyway, that's done - two pairs of specs, with all the bells and whistles...without insurance, $2200, with insurance, $835. Ouch, but I'm happy at the same time. The last glasses I purchased without insurance were nearly $800 by themselves, and that was over two years ago.

SO far... talked to the home insurance folk, all that can be done today on that level is done. Still need to do the Medicare talk.

Assembled the chicken ladder perch - turns out it is extremely cheesy/flimsy. I also have a regular perch setup which seems more solid - it weighs what I'd expect this to weigh, for one. The ladder thing actually arrived this morning and since it was at the front door, I assembled it first. Listening to Oingo Boingo.

Laundry done, but needs to hang.

It seems that outdoor temps will not rise high enough for me to do some of that planned chicken maintenance work I wanted to do, not today. Hard to clean a coop when everything is adhering with the ice to the ground.

I did work a bit on the Friday blog post, too.

Okay, back to working again, or maybe I should eat lunch first?

Possibly called something else there...trifocals, maybe? They have three prescriptions in the lens, one for near, one for middle, and one for distance, and they blend (progress) from one to the other, so you don't get that goofy-looking little window like you see in old-style bifocals.

Well, anyway, that's done - two pairs of specs, with all the bells and whistles...without insurance, $2200, with insurance, $835. Ouch, but I'm happy at the same time. The last glasses I purchased without insurance were nearly $800 by themselves, and that was over two years ago.

Progressives. I wear those. I think trifocals have that same look as bifocals - where someone looking at you can see you are both nearsighted and farsighted. And with progressives there's a general slight variation between the parts of the lens, which would make one's viewing not chunked up between near, semi-near, and far - making it easier, for one, to drive or use a computer.

Going to the eye doc today to get new specs. I actually signed up for vision insurance this year, so we'll see how it is.

I have to wear progressives, which seem designed to provide poor vision close up, midway, and far away. 😒

I wear glasses for driving, 20/20 vision until I need to drive. It's way safer to wear them then.

Russ

I've had glasses since I was 10 years old.

I got them about 20 years ago, I've always driven hiluxes that were diesel, I nearly got wiped out years ago when passing a vehicle, I couldn't see the oncoming car coming until almost too late. I can't see distances so that fright made me get checked. I'm good on day to day, I can read a newspaper at arms length, just distances. My youngest grandson aged 5 has eye problems, he has to wear glasses. He's had an eye op last year. Not serious, he will grow out of it.

Russ

Well, I'm hoping to get my car back today. It's a day late because the supplier sent over the wrong part, so they had to reorder it.

I've also got to pick up some milk, some half-and-half, some saltines (still my favorite cracker), and some lunch meat.

Bill paying day today, everyone's getting paid early, I have time on my hands today and tomorrow. Expecting hot week up to 34 deg c . Not as hot as Yorky gets but hot enough for me.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom