Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill paying day today, everyone's getting paid early, I have time on my hands today and tomorrow. Expecting hot week up to 34 deg c . Not as hot as Yorky gets but hot enough for me.

I generally arrange to pay my monthly bills on the 1st of the month. I pay through the bank so they are scheduled for the date due.

The temperature was as low as 16°C overnight which was chilly! It's forecast to reach no more than 30°C today.

I generally arrange to pay my monthly bills on the 1st of the month. I pay through the bank so they are scheduled for the date due.

The temperature was as low as 16°C overnight which was chilly! It's forecast to reach no more than 30°C today.

I have auto pay as well, all timed in the first few days of the month, some I pay manually like my phone and stuff I buy where I have accounts. Phones not due til the 5th feb, but paid now. Something I don't have to do next week. High of 24 now, 35 Sunday. Lot of wind today.

Tomorrow and Saturday are due to be 44°C. It was only 41°C today. Monday is due to be much cooler at 34°C... so plans for tomorrow are to do add little as possible.

Tomorrow is inspection day, so the morning will be spent tidying and trying to reduce the dust from the last sand storm...

Saturday is an exceptionally high risk day for fire what with the fire just south of Canberra (25km from the center and very close to suburbs). So our usual plan of going to the cinema in Canberra is probably not a good idea (The smoke is back and Saturday it is due to come from the south...)
So I may explore options of the cinema in our other local town/city... It can't be hotter than staying home with a husband who can't shut doors...

We're also planning on the movies today. The wife is a Star Wars fan (I decidedly am not), so she spent the last few weeks watching all the movies in episode order and is now ready for the most recent one.

Waiting this long and going on a Thursday at 4PM means there might be two other people in the cinema with us. We're also going to the luxury cinema, with the big Lay-Z-Boy recliners, seatside service, and a full bar and restaurant.

Movies yesterday were a success. Free large popcorn because of a coupon, we shared a medium drink, and 4PM tickets...$21US total. Better yet, not a single other person in our showing. All to ourselves!

Today, we've got to start the formal planning portion for our upcoming May anniversary holiday. That means I've got to find a "good" steak/chop house in London, so we can get the table booked, I've got to get a pair (or two) of shoes ordered, and I've got to think about my holiday wardrobe. May on a Norway fjords cruise... 🤔

Everyone and everything have gone so casual now, it kind of stinks for those of us who like to dress up a bit. I was checking online earlier today and found all the recommendations for northern European spring cruises to be some variation of athletic-leisure wear, and...yeah, I'll be damned if I'm showing up in a glorified pair of sweatpants. :laugh:

Movies yesterday were a success. Free large popcorn because of a coupon, we shared a medium drink, and 4PM tickets...$21US total. Better yet, not a single other person in our showing. All to ourselves!

Today, we've got to start the formal planning portion for our upcoming May anniversary holiday. That means I've got to find a "good" steak/chop house in London, so we can get the table booked, I've got to get a pair (or two) of shoes ordered, and I've got to think about my holiday wardrobe. May on a Norway fjords cruise... 🤔

Everyone and everything have gone so casual now, it kind of stinks for those of us who like to dress up a bit. I was checking online earlier today and found all the recommendations for northern European spring cruises to be some variation of athletic-leisure wear, and...yeah, I'll be Darned if I'm showing up in a glorified pair of sweatpants. :laugh:

Giggle is your friend. Lol

Russ

I'll be Darned if I'm showing up in a glorified pair of sweatpants
You'll need something warmer than that in May. There will still be snow on the tops and potentially during the day as well. Outdoor kit will be your best friend. It can be as smart as you want it to be nowadays with good warm footwear not formal footwear. Definitely woolly hay and gloves though, scarf as well.

You'll need something warmer than that in May. There will still be snow on the tops and potentially during the day as well. Outdoor kit will be your best friend. It can be as smart as you want it to be nowadays with good warm footwear not formal footwear. Definitely woolly hay and gloves though, scarf as well.
Yep, thanks. I'm already planning on he hat, scarf, and gloves. Shoes will probably be a pair of dress shoes for the two formal-ish dinners and I'm shopping for some new weatherproof boots now.

I'm planning on layers, which is what I do anyway, but when I go out and look at what a lot of the experts are recommending, it's all...activewear, I guess, for lack of a better word; things like fleece pullovers and "performance wear." That stuff isn't for me.

Meal planning, maybe some food shopping, clothes/shoe shopping, French toast making, and bread making, if I can fit all that in. I should be throwing my dough together now instead of goofing off on CB! :)

More of 'plans for tomorrow'.
Weather dependent outer more accurately bushfire smoke dependent (or is it independent?)
  • If there is none in the morning, I may take the opportunity to get a little gardening in,
  • plus I need to ring the plumber. That will give the chicks chance to stretch their wings and explore a touch more of the garden.
  • I'll also sweep the veranda down because they've been confined to it all of today due to circumstance.
  • I need to make a loaf of bread but I'm fancying something different for a change... the oven can't be used due to the heat, so it has to go into the breadmaker... that limits my options slightly.
  • I may also spin some more woolen yarn for hubby's cardigan.
  • And I need to visit hubby in hospital. That will kill a minimum of all morning or all afternoon
  • And I need to get some washing on and out on the line if there is no smoke. I have at least 3 loads to get done.
  • ... there's much more but this list already sounds way too long as is it what with a 250km drive and a minimum of 2hrs 15mins driving for each visit to see hubby.

1. Doc's appointment early AM (dermatologist).

2. Stopped at local outlet center and got a knit cap before they're gone for the season, and the bonus was finding an All-Clad 12-inch anodized nonstick skillet for $25US.

3. Hoping to hear back on my car. It was in for some repairs, then vandalized a bit overnight. Mechanic agreed to fix that up for no charge, and it should have been done yesterday, but when he got into it, it was more damage than he reckoned, so he had to keep it longer.

4. Annual performance review in about 30 minutes, and I've not had a very good couple of weeks! 🙊

Getting my new specs today! I don't know why that should be so exciting.

Oh, right, I almost forgot...I'm a boring old fart. New specs! :woot:

Well, drove all the way down to the eye doc's and...they were all at a different office, so the location with my specs was closed up tight. We'll try again today.

I also need to run into town and get a new belt. Exciting, exciting!

I'm also highly irritated with work right now. My performance review was fine, but my manager keeps giving me stuff to do, then turns around before I have a chance to do it and does it himself. I seriously think he forgets he's given it to me.

Secondly, and this really annoys me, I was just signing off last night at 6PM, when someone contacted me and said I was needed for a meeting at 9AM sharp this morning. That's bad enough, as I don't like meetings first thing, because it throws off my whole routine, and telling me at 6PM the night before amounts to no notice AFAIC.

But what really cheesed me off is the person organizing the meeting asked me for the name of someone from another team that I sometimes work with, so they could be invited as well. BTW, this is all done through our scheduling software, so it's automated.

I gave him a name, assuming he'd stick them on the invitation. Nope. Up pops the invitation in my email, and then the guy says, "Go ahead and add them on and invite them, it'll look better coming from you, because they know you."

That's BS. He just didn't want to be the jerk surprising someone who was already off for the day with a 9AM meeting request the following morning!

Sometimes, I really wonder why I'm still working. Then I remember this elegant little poem about that very subject:

Why I Work

I like to eat.
- Unknown

:laugh:

Well, drove all the way down to the eye doc's and...they were all at a different office, so the location with my specs was closed up tight. We'll try again today.

I also need to run into town and get a new belt. Exciting, exciting!

I'm also highly irritated with work right now. My performance review was fine, but my manager keeps giving me stuff to do, then turns around before I have a chance to do it and does it himself. I seriously think he forgets he's given it to me.

Secondly, and this really annoys me, I was just signing off last night at 6PM, when someone contacted me and said I was needed for a meeting at 9AM sharp this morning. That's bad enough, as I don't like meetings first thing, because it throws off my whole routine, and telling me at 6PM the night before amounts to no notice AFAIC.

But what really cheesed me off is the person organizing the meeting asked me for the name of someone from another team that I sometimes work with, so they could be invited as well. BTW, this is all done through our scheduling software, so it's automated.

I gave him a name, assuming he'd stick them on the invitation. Nope. Up pops the invitation in my email, and then the guy says, "Go ahead and add them on and invite them, it'll look better coming from you, because they know you."

That's BS. He just didn't want to be the jerk surprising someone who was already off for the day with a 9AM meeting request the following morning!

Sometimes, I really wonder why I'm still working. Then I remember this elegant little poem about that very subject:

Why I Work

I like to eat.
- Unknown

:laugh:
Feel your pain, Tasty! I love (not) waking up to emails sent at midnight with an invite to a morning meeting as soon as you hit the office leaving no prep time. Work Email does have its benefits but, it is also such an unwanted intrusion when you are expected to monitor outside of your normal working hours.. Happy Thursday!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom