Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went to Sam's Club today, and to the mall.

At the mall, I bought a winter-weight shirt, normally $65US, on clearance for...$9. I'm always telling my wife, "Buy your stuff out of season!"

Her $45 capri trousers...$45. In four months, those things will be $10.

She's in one of her Chatty Cathy moods today. I'm trying to find a way to get out of the room, because she's driving me up a wall with all this inane chatter. She's currently reading me her text messages and emails out loud. :meh:

Waiting on son and d.i.l , I'm running them to airport, going to Auckland to See Elton John. Concert put back a night. He got ill Sunday night and had to reschedule. I'll go to their home and wait for kids after school. Daughter is watching them for a few days. 33 deg c yesterday, 29 today

Russ

Back to work today after a federal holiday yesterday (Presidents' Day). Working from home, at least, but I'm the only one working the next three days, so my on-call duties have been extended. What always irritates me about this is my manager knows this stuff days, weeks, and months in advance, but only remembers to tell me the day before in a text, and it starts with, "Don't forget, you're the only one working Tue-Thu."

How can I forget when you're just now telling me?!?! 😐

I'm planning on making the cassoulet that was originally set for last Friday, the. Saturday, then Sunday, then Monday...hopefully, I'll get this done today.

Today started off with skinning 300g of soaked almonds, raiding a lemon tree that now lacks ripe lemons and deciding that PJs only in 12°C with a bitterly cold wind blowing off the southern ocean really wasn't my best move, not was going to the compost bin with the same on... it's even more exposed!
Then I made up another double batch of the almond feta that hubby really likes. It will take 24hrs in the dehydrator yet before it needs baking in the oven on Friday... leave another 24hrs and it will be ready for Saturday.
Then meet parents for coffee and toast before my doctor's appointment... chemist them post office before driving home (1hr) and a quick lunch...
That's a load of washing in the washing machine.
Chooks to be cleaned
House to be hovered...
Then I can collapse in a corner on the sofa on the veranda...
Thankfully tea is already made.

Tomorrow is busier

We went clothes shopping for MrsTasty. I usually figure the natural thing after that is to schedule some marriage counseling, because we usually leave the shops on the verge of divorce. :laugh:

Sunday am here, nothing planned, kids aren't coming for dinner, other things on. So a cruisy day. High of 25 deg c so shorts and beater today.

Russ

Lunch with my parents today, then a run in the afternoon and probably at the cinema in the evening to watch ‘Parasite’ the korean movie that won Oscars and other awards

Oh, it seems like it would be better not going to the cinema this evening.. TV breaking news said it’s better to avoid places like it because of Coronavirus. 4 cases In Lombardy by now

More clothes shopping today, combined with a big grocery shop. We're going to be out for hours. This weekend has felt more like work than fun.

Well, the clothes shopping was a success. The wife got a pair of trousers and two bras, which is saying a lot, as feet and jubblies are two (or is it four?) things MrsTasty can't ever seem to get fitted up comfortably.

We stopped for a quick fast-food lunch, and I cancelled the big grocery shop, as it meant we'd be out all day long, and I wasn't having that. Not on a weekend. I despise going out on a weekend. Too crowded, too many jerks.

Well, the clothes shopping was a success. The wife got a pair of trousers and two bras, which is saying a lot, as feet and jubblies are two (or is it four?) things MrsTasty can't ever seem to get fitted up comfortably.

We stopped for a quick fast-food lunch, and I cancelled the big grocery shop, as it meant we'd be out all day long, and I wasn't having that. Not on a weekend. I despise going out on a weekend. Too crowded, too many jerks.

Lazy day here, booked wife's car in for a repair, leaking trans oil. Dropping it off tomorrow. It's Monday here.

Russ

rascal here is Laura Lexx, not in our little comedy venue above our local pub as today, but on the BBC. She was really funny tonight. Also in the clip is my favourite comedian ( who I have had a good chat with at the pub mentioned above) Gary Delaney - his language is the reason for the spoiler, don't tell his jokes in front of your boss or your grandchildren unless you enjoy tension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom