Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I've got to go to the store tonight, hoping tomorrow would have been a full week since last going, but I need some dog food.

2. I've got to call the vet to see if they can switch pain meds for my dog. She's has gotten to the point where she absolutely, positively will not take her tramadol (notoriously bad-tasting) no matter how it's disguised.

3. Laundry

4. Mail a letter to my incarcerated nephew. I'm about the only one who keeps in touch with him, except for his mother.

5. Work

6. Walk on the treadmill

7. Make food!

I've three recipes to write up plus editing the photos. I like editing the photos but writing up recipes is tedious.

Dig out book of Times cryptic crosswords to keep my brain ticking. We had a cryptic crossword food thread here but (as I have learned) its a peculiarly British pastime. Such cryptic crosswords don't exist in the USA. Not sure about Australia or NZ. Anyway, it was really only me and Duck59 plus the occasional other Brit. that joined in.

Try to think up some new food related discussion threads to keep things going here. If anyone else has ideas, please post!

Soak feet (I do this from time to time to get rid of hard skin). You didn't really need to know that.

I've three recipes to write up plus editing the photos. I like editing the photos but writing up recipes is tedious.

Dig out book of Times cryptic crosswords to keep my brain ticking. We had a cryptic crossword food thread here but (as I have learned) its a peculiarly British pastime. Such cryptic crosswords don't exist in the USA. Not sure about Australia or NZ. Anyway, it was really only me and Duck59 plus the occasional other Brit. that joined in.

Try to think up some new food related discussion threads to keep things going here. If anyone else has ideas, please post!

Soak feet (I do this from time to time to get rid of hard skin). You didn't really need to know that.

Warm olive oil work well.

Sarana x

A quick run into local hardware store - need a hose repair kit Had a blow out. Also need vegetable cages for eggplant
Making a list for regional supermarket. Odds and ends that I am getting low on
G wants lentil soup- do not have everything needed.
Water the garden .
Nothing earth shattering. - just typical odds and ends.
G will probably want to come with me.

I believe that you get the odd paper that does cryptics in the US - I'm sure the New York Times does one, at least now and then.

Canada definitely does them. I recall one of my VSO colleagues, who was Canadian, sending me a big book of cryptic crosswords after she had returned home and I was still in Eritrea. I struggled with them, to be honest, because an awful lot of the references to people, places and events were a mystery to me.

Last edited:
We had a cryptic crossword food thread here but (as I have learned) its a peculiarly British pastime. Such cryptic crosswords don't exist in the USA.
They'll pop up from time to time, but definitely not popular, and I don't think too many people here (meaning the US) would know what they are.

Inside No. 9 did a cryptic crossword episode.

I used to share a workspace with a woman who would sit there and use sandpaper on her elbows. She'd be sat in a cloud of skin dust with little flakes of dead skin all around her keyboard.

Once, she noticed me staring at her like the ill-mannered freak she was, and offered her sandpaper to me to try! 😳

Warm olive oil work well.

I tried that, but I left greasy little footprints all over the house. :laugh:

I tried that, but I left greasy little footprints all over the house. :laugh:
I'm so glad I'm not the only one!
I've resorted to putting a runner down the side of my side of the bed so that it holds most of it but i can at least put that through the washing machine unlike the bedroom carpet.
My heels go from no dead or dried skin to cracked and bleeding (not to mention desperately painful) in about 2 weeks since moving to Australia. I've had to actually buy a for file rather than using a handheld one because it was taking too long to get the dead skin off... the chickens and I do share it though! (From time to time either a spur or a toenail of theirs will need to be trimmed and they hate the dog nail clippers and on the spurs which are too hard for the dog nail clippers, I was using a small angle grinder or drimmel. I've found that using my foot file can be done without begging an electricity supply or a second pair of hands. ) I switch out to an old file in a different colour but ceratin is ceratin irrespective of if it is chook or human.

A friend of mine from the uk got me onto them 30 years ago, the morning paper do one every morning, we used to do it every morning. I do them occasionally, but I prefer sudoku .

Russ

This morning I am going to clean out our guinea boys cage, then see where my energy level is before I decide what I do next.

I've got to make some food for my folks and drive it 70 miles each way this evening. We're (the siblings) all doing our part to try to contain them in the house, and even though I live the farthest, I still need to contribute a bit.

I hate the drive. In addition to being long, it's all on smaller roads, so it's hard to make any time and it feels like a butt-whooping all the way over and all the way back. It's exhausting.

That wouldn't be allowed here, I think.
Feeding our oldies falls under "essential" activities here. Then again, so does going to the dry cleaners. :)

I won't go in to see them, which will kill my mom. She's always been of the firm belief that parents and children have a natural immunity and can't infect one another.

Instead, I'll just leave it in containers on the back porch, and I'll wipe those down before I drop it off. No stops in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom