Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it would do here - but not doing a 140 mile round trip to do so.
You have to remember that scale is different in the UK with everything being much more confined. I'm guessing it's roughly equivalent to doing 30 miles round trip in the UK. Certainly the equivalent here in NSW (which is 10% larger than Texas) would be roughly that in the UK, scalewise.

Here my closest supermarket is 45 minutes drive away on the highway. It's 65km each way. That's the closest. I've no convenience store I can pop into, though most cafes and bottle shops are expanding their range to cover essentials and sell off stock such as milk or non dairy milks, coffee beans and such. They are also expanding to include bread, jam etc but I see little point in going into them currently because I'll still have to go into a supermarket to get the rest of my items.

Again my doctors which is the 2nd closest to our home, along with the pharmacy (2nd closest) and post office (2nd closest) are all where we used to live and a minimum of 45 minutes away. I think that's 57km each way. So just to collect my medication I have to drive 120km round trip. Ok that's not 140 miles but you get the idea.

Even my closest fuel is 52km away each way. That's over 100km just to fill up a vehicle that only does 500km to the tank (I'm now on my old vehicle because my parents have our main vehicle). If I need fuel whilst I'm out, I'll end up trying a triangle where each point is roughly 60km apart by road. One of those is right on the state border.

Yesterday hubby saw his consultant close to the closest hospital with an emergency department. That was 1hr 15mins each way and in a different state/territory. Some territories are now dividing themselves up into multiple restricted areas here with permits needed to cross the invisible borders within those states. One has divided into 9 separate 'districts' just so they can police it.

My plans for today involve my parents visiting me to drop off essential meds. They are at the doctors and them pharmacy today so I've ordered a script for them to collect and bring to me. I do genuinely need it, so it saves me driving 120km to collect it. I've done more than enough driving this week including a +600km (+400mile) round trip just to return a hire car!

Making rest of the beef samosas, I made a double batch of filling, so one more batch of pastry, and assemble with daughter. She wants to watch me make the pastry so she can copy it the right way. It's only flour salt butter and water. It does puff up really well.

Russ

You have to remember that scale is different in the UK with everything being much more confined.

Of course. I'm well aware - I was simply commenting on how different it is because of this across our countries, when it comes to what would be considered 'essential travel' in the current lockdown.

Probably do some yard work. Nothing else going on at the moment. I hate yard work.

I'm also going to plan out our first picnic of the year. The weather's been nice enough, but I wasn't really thinking about it and got caught short, so now I'm going to get some recipes together so I'm ready for next weekend, maybe.

Shame on me. I have been doing laundry but not folding. Just piling stuff on the couch. Finally caught up on the folding now I need to put a load in the washer . Tomorrow.
My day is done. Not cooking tonight. plenty of leftovers in the fridge. Sitting on the patio with a glass of wine. Time to winedown

Does anyone iron anymore? We have one in the laundry, somewhere. Enjoy your wine, it's 10:53 am here Sunday.

Russ

When George is out and about for work I iron his shirts and jeans. My clothes sometimes need a light touch up. Not as difficult or time consuming as G's clothes.
Haven't had to iron in
weeks!

My wife used to iron my business shirts I used to wear. And my work trousers as well. Until I decided to dress casual. Now I'm shorts and singlet. (Black)

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom