Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday is normally a special day in this household. Cooked breakfast, lazy morning, a couple of hours in the kitchen knocking up a decent lunch whilst sipping something cold and fizzy, followed by a lazy afternoon in front of the television, still sipping away. I'm ashamed to admit that every other day now seems to follow this format. If I'm to survive this thing with a functioning liver and a pair of trousers that still fit then things will have to change. Starting tomorrow.

Lol, my late mum always used to say, I'm starting my diet tomorrow . :)

Russ

Currently sitting in the car opposite hubby's work waiting for his boss to arrive to let him in so that everything on his desk and his desk chair can be put into my Landcruiser. We've been out since 8am because hubby needed blood letting again (he had haemochromotosis and needs regular blood tests and if his feretin levels are too high a unit of blood is removed every week until itty is low enough again... the DIY approach to this is frowned upon! ) then it was a shopping trip for groceries that can't be got from the little IGA my parents go to... then to the DIY shop to get a new chainsaw chain after the old one came off whilst I was using it and the guiders were damaged to the point that they won't fit into the guide rail... luckily no harm done but I've had a few frustrating days walking around the garden with an axe in one hand and being chased by my chickens...
Then lunch easier said than done. We had expected to be home so only had a few snacks with us, but we still had things to do, so on the off chance our favourite cafe might have gone over to takeaway only we called passed and they had. Lunch sorted and toilets... they know us well so it wasn't an issue. They even carried our prefer out to vehicle across the road for us because hubby is on crutches (just started using them this week) and I'm variously on crutches or the wheelchair... neither of which really work week for carrying things that need to remain upright... Lunch eaten and Drs apt for me via phone call (Dr was at home! ) and now I wait for hubby's boss to arrive to let hubby in to get 2 screens, mouse, keyboard, power, port replicator/docking station and his desk chair... then I can go home and start the chores for this week!

In the meantime my disabled badge has been checked no less than 3 times and 1 vehicle has been ticketed behind me... I should bee home by 4pm... and I've still got the chicken feed to get. Might leave that to my parents. Gives them a reason to drive over to us tomorrow!

Currently sitting in the car opposite hubby's work waiting for his boss to arrive to let him in so that everything on his desk and his desk chair can be put into my Landcruiser. We've been out since 8am because hubby needed blood letting again (he had haemochromotosis and needs regular blood tests and if his feretin levels are too high a unit of blood is removed every week until itty is low enough again... the DIY approach to this is frowned upon! ) then it was a shopping trip for groceries that can't be got from the little IGA my parents go to... then to the DIY shop to get a new chainsaw chain after the old one came off whilst I was using it and the guiders were damaged to the point that they won't fit into the guide rail... luckily no harm done but I've had a few frustrating days walking around the garden with an axe in one hand and being chased by my chickens...
Then lunch easier said than done. We had expected to be home so only had a few snacks with us, but we still had things to do, so on the off chance our favourite cafe might have gone over to takeaway only we called passed and they had. Lunch sorted and toilets... they know us well so it wasn't an issue. They even carried our prefer out to vehicle across the road for us because hubby is on crutches (just started using them this week) and I'm variously on crutches or the wheelchair... neither of which really work week for carrying things that need to remain upright... Lunch eaten and Drs apt for me via phone call (Dr was at home! ) and now I wait for hubby's boss to arrive to let hubby in to get 2 screens, mouse, keyboard, power, port replicator/docking station and his desk chair... then I can go home and start the chores for this week!

In the meantime my disabled badge has been checked no less than 3 times and 1 vehicle has been ticketed behind me... I should bee home by 4pm... and I've still got the chicken feed to get. Might leave that to my parents. Gives them a reason to drive over to us tomorrow!

Hope things Improve satnav.

Ciao SatNav,
I pray for you that thing become better soon for both.

Sarana x

Ciao a tutti,
Hope all OK.
Today I throw Spaghetti frittata in bin worse thing I ever make!
I decide I decorate conservatory today, I want to do for while now, Ray say he get machine an sand wood floor so I put new varnish on. I decide I paint walls nice red, an white on wood frame an doors, we get paint before this hell start. I buy new Roman blind few week ago for all window so I put up maybe tomorrow. Think I get new rug also I have look later. I also remove cover off chairs an sofas put through wash. It is the time I should do spring clean any way. Most times in summer we spend all time in conservatory it nice with fold up door open an see all gardens. We have many rose bush so aroma lovely.
Once done much as I can I try make something that can be eaten later.

Sarana x

Hope things Improve satnav.
Ciao SatNav,
I pray for you that thing become better soon for both.

Sarana x
Thank you.

It was a hard day. I had forgotten that I asleep needed to fill up with fuel. By then hubby was tired and people who are overtired and don't realise it are not the easiest to get on with. Thinking he was being helpful, i was told off for going too far forward at the petrol pump. I'd had to use the first of 3, as in the closest because it was the only one with a functioning unleaded 98 that my Landcruiser needs (it also has a 2nd tank that takes 112L of LPG), it meant that the other 2 were blocked from being used.... that would have been a problem if there had been anyone else around, but there wasn't. I bit my tongue at this point and said it would be fine... he said nothing for the remainder of the journey home. Then he tried to help unload the 4x4. That's not something easily done on crutches and even harder on his knee scooter because of the hardcore that's down on the track... so he went inside and sat on the sofa watching YT videos. He could have put the shopping away, or checked if the fire needed wood... instead after I had spent almost an hour carrying in things from the 4x4 and doing a wood run, he asked if i was ok. 😡
A simple no was all I could give without snapping. I know he's tired, I know he's frustrated. I'm tired, frustrated and in pain. He has lacked that last one since day 1. Grrr.

I keep reminding myself it will get easier, but at the back of my mind there is also the 'we've got to do this again next year on the other ankle' and with or without a pandemic, it would not really make much difference except for the shopping but being easier without. Only being able to buy 1 or 2 of pretty much everything is getting frustrating to say the least. I can't drive an hour to the closest shops everyday because I need another liter of soya milk. Mind you I did actually manage to get some flour and bread flour at that which is a result. I've been mixing in my rye flour with the bread flour on a 1:2 ratio now for weeks trying to drag out the bread flour to keep us in bread! Soya milk varies between homemade (whilst i still have soya beans, though I've been making my own tofu as well...) and the fresh stuff that hasn't had as many restrictions on it until very recently (it's now 2 x 1L per customer which is annoying when dairy milk comes in 3 or 4 L containers and people are still allowed 2 containers....) is there a gripes thread?

Tomorrow's plans include the washing, pushing a lawnmower uphill.... fixing the chainsaw now I have a new chain for it, the veg plot needs rescuing... It is under wild rocket that self seeded. We've made pots of pesto but I've thrown 3 wheelbarrow loads of wild rocket onto the compost heap! And that's more to come out yet.
But I did find chillies, red, green and black. Sorrell and also my potatoes have more or less survived and the sweet potatoes seem to have survived as well... so some success and the rhubarb is flowering and there are loads of leaves, so I may harvest some stalks tomorrow...I love rhubarb.
In there there's also housework and the need to clean out the chook houses, they are moulting and there are feathers everywhere. The chooks that is, not the houses!

Plus my parents are coming over in the afternoon.

Thursday involves getting new tyres all round on the vehicle they are driving. That will take me all morning minimum.

I remind myself I can rest when I'm older...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom