Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is doggy bath day. It makes them super frisky and cute. They charge around afterwards and then they get tired and fall over and sleep like toddlers. Then after some various household chores I'd like to bake raisin bread.

What kind of dogs are they?

Pound puppies. Lucy is a little black chihuahua mix, although she is about 10 lbs so quite large for a chihuahua. Bessie is so funny looking we really have no idea what breeds made her.

Last edited by a moderator:
I pulled some weeds and sprayed some others. I'm so proud of myself.

What most would call an absolutely gorgeous day today (blue sky, 80F/25C, light breeze), but I've been happily sat inside watching Laura Calder "French Cooking At Home" videos on YT. :)

Today is doggy bath day. It makes them super frisky and cute. They charge around afterwards and then they get tired and fall over and sleep like toddlers. Then after some various household chores I'd like to bake raisin bread.

I have that to look forward to either today or very shortly.

We're completely out of our preferred everyday tea, so we're off to the giant international market, about 45 minutes away. MrsTasty is even going to venture out as well, as this place is like an amusement park for the food-inclined.

I've got baguettes rising at the moment, for Frenchie picnic sandwiches later. I've never made baguettes before, but this recipe makes a sticky, wet dough, which I hate dealing with, so it might be the last time I make them, depending on how they turn out.

I woke up way too early. I wanted to go back to sleep but couldn't so now I"m a mess. I have a friend who just lost both her parents in a 10 day period, and my sister is having chemo and in lots of pain. I'm disgusted I can't be with either of them so I had to do something. I shopped online and sent them each a lovely throw blanket. Sometimes you just need to do something and my options were limited. I am going to need some baking therapy today. I froze most of the banana bread so now I am just debating what to bake next. Cinnamon rolls or raisin bread? I"m thinking cinnamon rolls as they are more demanding and the smell of cinnamon wafting through the air always makes me feel better.

Not what I plan but what I did. G talked to our insurance agent about reducing our rates since I drive so little. The agent did lower the rate due to my very low mileage and also suggested that we both take the online Louisiana Driver Education course in order to save an additional $600 over the next three years. Repeat after three years to continue the discount. $25 plus tax enrollment fee and four hours reading the course material and taking the exam. I am a relatively swift reader with good comprehension and retention. Worth the price and the time. G has not yet taken the course.
I made banana pudding earlier this evening. G has been asking for banana pudding. I made some three or four weeks ago. It was good but the bananas were too ripe. The taste was good but the texture was missing. The one I made today taste great and has a much better texture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom