Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early start today - 09:00 appointment at vetinary surgeon's to have the dogs vaccinated. They were booked in a month ago, but the surgery closed down temporarily whilst they got covid ready. The new procedure is that we have to arrive, tie the dogs to a post outside, telephone the surgery to inform them of this (I am tempted just to knock on the door), and go back to our car. A nurse will come out to collect the dogs, take them in and administer the needles then bring them back out and tie them up to the post again, and somehow, money will exchange hands. One of the dogs really hates needles, and I really want to be in there with her.
That's more or less how it works with our vet, except there's no post-tying involved; they'll just come out to your car and collect your pet while you stay put. They take your credit card information over the phone and run it that way.

Four months ago, if I'd rung my vet, said I needed a refill on Kate's carprofen, here's my credit card number, and I'll swing by tomorrow, call you from the parking lot, and you can trot your happy hind end out to my car with it, they would have laughed me off the phone!

In the car listening to the radio today and the guy running the show was saying how he had a cra@ day yesterday, had to drop his dog off to be put down. He could only drop to the car park. He wanted to be with his dog when it was put down. He was gutted.

Russ
Our vet here will make an exception for euthanizing your pet. They used to come out to the house and do it, if that's what you wanted, but they may have suspended that, I'm not sure.

In the car listening to the radio today and the guy running the show was saying how he had a cra@ day yesterday, had to drop his dog off to be put down. He could only drop to the car park. He wanted to be with his dog when it was put down. He was gutted.

Russ
Jesus that is terrible.

That's more or less how it works with our vet, except there's no post-tying involved; they'll just come out to your car and collect your pet while you stay put. They take your credit card information over the phone and run it that way.

Four months ago, if I'd rung my vet, said I needed a refill on Kate's carprofen, here's my credit card number, and I'll swing by tomorrow, call you from the parking lot, and you can trot your happy hind end out to my car with it, they would have laughed me off the phone!

Our vet here will make an exception for euthanizing your pet. They used to come out to the house and do it, if that's what you wanted, but they may have suspended that, I'm not sure.
All went fine at the surgery, but they are banned from giving kennel cough vaccines. Apparently, they can cause coughing in humans, so are deemed an unnecessary risk at the moment.

This afternoon we are looking to go the garden centre, see what we can find.
Same here. I've got to get the propane tank filled, and it's right next to the garden center, same family owns both, so I'll pop in there. I've got four planters to go.

If I'm ambitious enough, I may try to throw together a little picnic for this weekend.

Same here. I've got to get the propane tank filled, and it's right next to the garden center, same family owns both, so I'll pop in there. I've got four planters to go.

If I'm ambitious enough, I may try to throw together a little picnic for this weekend.

Rain is forecast for the whole weekend so no picnic for us this weekend.

Rain is forecast for the whole weekend so no picnic for us this weekend.
John Lennon said, "If the sun don't come, you get a tan from standing in the English rain," so get that sunscreen on! 🥚 👨🏻

NOTE: I can't believe there's no walrus emoji!

A very successful trip, bedding plants, thyme, rosemarie, sage.
I got 12 plants for the next planter, but pickings were slim. Spring flower planting season is about wrapped up here, and all the garden centers are getting low on stock. That's why you can always tell which planters I did at the beginning of the season and which I did at the end. The first two will look gorgeous, and then through pairs, they'll look progressively worse, and the last two will look like crap.

Did a quick inventory, and I have enough stuff on hand to do a slapped-up picnic. I just have to try making a baguette again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom