Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baking bread to go with the lasagna I am making to take to MILs house for an outdoor social distance dinner with youngest stepdaughter and her bf, my hubby, and the inlaws. I made lemon cupcakes yesterday to take. Also making a salad with fresh lettuce from the garden to take. Also need to deep clean the ensuite bathroom at some point, might have to wait until tomorrow.

Last edited:
Lawn mowed, pudding pie made, egg mayo made, laundry done, probably not going to get to the mulch today.

<glugs first beer>
You do the laundry?

Definitely not going to get any mulch in after the second beer.

Wow, sounds like my husband. I don't even like him unloading the dishwasher (I won't be able to find everything later).

So I did most of the breakfast dishes and left two pans in the sink to do when I came back from picking up my grocery order. My husband was trying to be nice and was washing the pans in the sink when I came back. I watched him pump 6 dollops of liquid soap onto the sponge and bit my tongue. I thanked him for being helpful and started disinfecting the groceries and putting them away. As soon as he walked out the back door to go sit in the swing, I walked over to the sink, and yep--just as I had feared--the bottoms of the pans were greasy and there was egg residue on the side of one of the pans. I picked up the pan and turned it over, and saw that it was still greasy inside a little, too (how can someone use 6 tablespoons of Dawn liquid dish soap and still have a greasy pan?). I started rewashing them and he walked back inside because he had forgotten his water cup, and he said, "What, didn't I do a good enough job?" I held up the pan for him to see the dried egg residue. He picked up his cup and walked out the door. Sigh.

So I did most of the breakfast dishes and left two pans in the sink to do when I came back from picking up my grocery order. My husband was trying to be nice and was washing the pans in the sink when I came back. I watched him pump 6 dollops of liquid soap onto the sponge and bit my tongue. I thanked him for being helpful and started disinfecting the groceries and putting them away. As soon as he walked out the back door to go sit in the swing, I walked over to the sink, and yep--just as I had feared--the bottoms of the pans were greasy and there was egg residue on the side of one of the pans. I picked up the pan and turned it over, and saw that it was still greasy inside a little, too (how can someone use 6 tablespoons of Dawn liquid dish soap and still have a greasy pan?). I started rewashing them and he walked back inside because he had forgotten his water cup, and he said, "What, didn't I do a good enough job?" I held up the pan for him to see the dried egg residue. He picked up his cup and walked out the door. Sigh.
That's married life in a nutshell! :)

One of my friends told me that the reason hubby doesn't do a good job washing the dishes and making the bed is because he doesn't really want to do it. She says that's what her husband would do when she asked him to do housework. But I have rarely ever asked. I wish it were that easy...I tell him repeatedly not to do it, just to leave it for me to do, but he tries to be helpful--and I try not to let him see when I redo it because I don't want to make him feel bad. He is very sensitive and if I point out what I don't like about the way he did it, he gets sulky. I have asked him a few times years ago if he could vacuum for me if we were having company come over and I was going to be late coming home from work, but I quit doing that...but he is a great spider catcher, and he and I both agree it's not nice to kill them. He gently captures them and puts them outside.

He is also a whiz at yardwork and finances, so I would rather he just stick to what he is good at, LOL!

One of my friends told me that the reason hubby doesn't do a good job washing the dishes and making the bed is because he doesn't really want to do it. She says that's what her husband would do when she asked him to do housework. But I have rarely ever asked. I wish it were that easy...I tell him repeatedly not to do it, just to leave it for me to do, but he tries to be helpful--and I try not to let him see when I redo it because I don't want to make him feel bad. He is very sensitive and if I point out what I don't like about the way he did it, he gets sulky. I have asked him a few times years ago if he could vacuum for me if we were having company come over and I was going to be late coming home from work, but I quit doing that...but he is a great spider catcher, and he and I both agree it's not nice to kill them. He gently captures them and puts them outside.

He is also a whiz at yardwork and finances, so I would rather he just stick to what he is good at, LOL!
Here's my version of that. Keep in mind, with afternoon tea, it's not that hard to put together, but it does have to happen kind of fast, because you want the scones to be a little warm when you sit down to eat, so once the scones come out of the oven and start cooling, you've got to hop on it to get it plated and on the table.

Me (buttering bread): Hey, would you mind putting the tablecloth down and setting the table?

MrsTasty: Sure...where's the tablecloth?

Already out, right there.

(She goes outside, comes right back in)

How do you want the tables set up, which direction?

Long ways!

(Goes out, comes back in)

They're in the sun that way.

Then move the umbrella!

(Goes out, comes back in)

Do you want it on the left or the right?

WHATEVER WAY BLOCKS THE DAMN SUN!

Well, if you're going to be like that, you can do it. I'll finish buttering the bread.

FINE!

(Hands over butter knife, I start to go outside)

Wait! How much butter are you putting on these?

Enough...to...cover the bread!

Ok...wait! Am I buttering all of these?

Yes!

Ok...wait! This butter is no good, it's tearing the bread.

I did four without tearing anything. Quit pressing so hard, it's thin bread.

(I go out, set up the tables, come back in)

Hey, the bread's not buttered!

Yeah, it kept tearing, so I stopped.

Ok, I'll finish the sandwiches. Can you set the table. Use the tea dishes in the back room.

Where are they?

In the back room!

Where in the back room?

FARTHER THAN THE DOOR, BUT NOT AS FAR AS THE BACK WALL! JUST GET IN THERE, YOU'LL SEE THEM IF YOU JUST LOOK!

Ok...ok...

(Leaves, comes right back)

What dishes am I getting?

The only ones back there, the ones we always use for tea!

Yeah, but what ones? Plates, cups, saucers, bowls, what?

GEEZ! CUPS! SAUCERS! TWO PLATES! CREAMER!

(Leaves, comes right back)

What's the creamer look like?

LIKE A LITTLE JUG! FOR...WAIT FOR IT...POURING THE CREAM!

Just get them yourself. I don't know where all that stuff is. Are we having jam with the scones? I can get the jam.

Ok, the jam and butter pots are up there.

Up where?

Up there.

Where?

UP THERE!!!!

(I stop getting the dishes and get the pots down)

Thanks. What jam do you want?

I don't care. There's strawberry, blueberry, and apricot in the fridge.

Which one do you want?

Let's go with blueberry.

I just had blueberries for breakfast.

I don't care, then get the apricot.

I'd rather have the strawberry.

THEN GET THE DAMN STRAWBERRY!

How much should I get out?

Fill the pot up.

All the way?

Yes.

To the top?

YES!

I did that. Now I can't put the little lid on.

THEN TAKE SOME BACK OUT!

So...not to the top, then.

Whaddaya gonna do? It's easier to do it yourself at that point. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom