Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I did manage to get a pic of the first course laid out. This doesn't show the fresh fruit (except for some grapes sitting there), the cake, or the other drinks. That's the beer we're having with the meats and cheeses.

All in all, it was a great success, although it was touch and go finding the spot. Odd park, in that the main feature is the overlook, yet there are zero directional signs to get to it, and it's not on GPS, so I had to stop and get a map. That always irritates me. I don't like looking for things.

I also included a shot from the overlook. If you zoom it in, you can even see a riverboat making its way down the river.
6409DA38-86CA-40D8-95E6-3A1E16EAAB82.jpeg
C7304416-2DF8-45E8-A9A9-632ACD459AA0.jpeg

You forgot the pate?

Russ
Pâté, we're kind of hit-or-miss with it, although we were talking today that our next picnic will be French-inspired, so it'll probably work its way into that one.

Ok, I did manage to get a pic of the first course laid out. This doesn't show the fresh fruit (except for some grapes sitting there), the cake, or the other drinks. That's the beer we're having with the meats and cheeses.

All in all, it was a great success, although it was touch and go finding the spot. Odd park, in that the main feature is the overlook, yet there are zero directional signs to get to it, and it's not on GPS, so I had to stop and get a map. That always irritates me. I don't like looking for things.

I also included a shot from the overlook. If you zoom it in, you can even see a riverboat making its way down the river.
View attachment 30286 View attachment 30287

That looks absolutely amazing!!!!

@detroitdad - thanks! I have to admit, half the fun is in the ceremony of it all. Even now, I just washed the dishes and put everything back in the hamper, and just doing that was kind of fun.

Weird, I know.

Pâté, we're kind of hit-or-miss with it, although we were talking today that our next picnic will be French-inspired, so it'll probably work its way into that one.

I bought livers during the week for late, will post when I make it. It's silky smooth.

Russ

@detroitdad - thanks! I have to admit, half the fun is in the ceremony of it all. Even now, I just washed the dishes and put everything back in the hamper, and just doing that was kind of fun.

Weird, I know.

I completely get it. I only cook on a charcoal grill when i cook outside. I absolutely love the process of prepping everything and getting it ready, getting it lit.

Weird, I know.

Yes - I like picnics for the same reason and usually pack far to much to eat plus real glasses, china plates etc. I don't really like eating outdoors unless its a picnic. The exception to that is seafood - if the restaurant overlooks the sea.

What a gorgeous picnic hamper!
Thanks! We have two hampers; the traditional wicker one and a newer one in a modern soft-sided cooler material. We much prefer the wicker one.

We also have a number of generic insulated bags, usually employee or trade-show gifts. We have any number various sized thermos bottles as well, so ultimately, it's a hodge-podge. The coffee cups we use are from a set of dishes we have, and they're really skinny and hold maybe six ounces tops - too small for a proper Sunday morning mug, but perfect to tuck into the hamper.

I'm always amazed how much we can fit into this thing. It's not terribly large, but we've never managed to overfill it yet.

Well, I'm rather annoyed today, for no particular reason, so I should probably plan on an argument about something with MrsTasty later on. :laugh:

Anyway, I did some grocery shopping this morning, and I've got to get the sangria going for tomorrow (that was a last-minute decision as the grocer had Spanish wine on sale for $10US a bottle), and I've got to get some beans soaking for overnight (making soup tomorrow), and we're having burgers from the grill tonight. It's tomato season right now and you don't get a big window to enjoy non-supermarket tomatoes.

We did have to run out and replace our coffee maker, which we don't use to make coffee, we use it to brew tea. Works really well. The old one died this morning, so I have to get the new one washed and set up and ready to go for later tonight.

Also. Saturday is always movie night, and BritBox, god love 'em, are showing the old Miss Marple movies with Margaret Rutherford in the lead role. She's a delight. We're watching that, and that means popcorn later on. Lots of butter, little bit of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom