Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel for those with bad health, I'm blessed with good health and good family history. The only person I take seriously is my doc. Look after your health. !!

Russ

she was diagnosed with her AI disease in 2010, and today, the doctor said that could have set everything off.

My AI is Grave's Disease - over active thyroid which has been zapped so I now have to take thyroxine every day. The thyroid regulates the whole metabolism so if there is too much thyroxine the body goes into overdrive panic mode and that includes the heart rate - so I've many many times been taken in as an emergency with atrial fibrillation and ventrical fibrillation. On one occasion I had same non-diagnosis 'might have been a heart attack'.

My AI is Grave's Disease - over active thyroid which has been zapped so I now have to take thyroxine every day. The thyroid regulates the whole metabolism so if there is too much thyroxine the body goes into overdrive panic mode and that includes the heart rate - so I've many many times been taken in as an emergency with atrial fibrillation and ventrical fibrillation. On one occasion I had same non-diagnosis 'might have been a heart attack'.
My hubby was diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease, another AI that attacks the thyroid causing heart problems (and weight gain). Curiously his a case of it not producing enough thyroxine through damage from inflammation, so he now had to take thyroxine as well.

Ok, new update: latest doctor says MrsTasty most definitely had a heart attack and has sustained some heart damage as a result. They're fitting her with an implantable heart monitor that she'll keep for a year or so, and once they catch any kind of weirdness from that, they'll develop a treatment plan. This doctor thinks the heart issues she's had the last several years are fixable.

Making for a long day. Last night's update was, "maybe a heart attack, but everything looks fine now, we'll have you out of here around 9AM."

Now, she's suddenly having outpatient surgery, and we'll be lucky to be out before 6PM-7PM.

Also spent an aggravating hour on the phone with our health insurance, because the doc said, "make sure this is covered, because it ain't cheap," and (as is always the case with insurance)...the best I could get was, "it should be covered..." - I'd like better confirmation than that. The best she would do was send me their policy and, "look it over and see what you think." Don't get me started on health insurance in this country. 😒

Ok, new update: latest doctor says MrsTasty most definitely had a heart attack and has sustained some heart damage as a result. They're fitting her with an implantable heart monitor that she'll keep for a year or so, and once they catch any kind of weirdness from that, they'll develop a treatment plan. This doctor thinks the heart issues she's had the last several years are fixable.

Sorry to hear this - but I suppose its good that they are acting quickly and that it may be fixable.

My wife had thyroid probs as well. From memory they gave her radiation? She's not here so I'll ask later. I think it's ok now?? She doesn't take meds so I think I'm right. What is it with thyroids?

Russ

We're on the road now, hopefully home by 10PM. We're stopped so she can walk around and we're getting a bite to eat.

MrsTasty is definitely feeling a bit depressed and "woe is me" - every few years brings some kind of medical challenge for her, and she watched her dad kind of whittled away by one thing or another, so she's convinced she's to suffer the same fate, only 15 years sooner.

She's mad because they've given her three new meds, which brings her total meds to something like nine or 10 (maybe more), all with their various side effects and interactions, and of course, she now has a round of doctor appointments to look forward to for the next month, just for this.

She's mad because they've given her three new meds, which brings her total meds to something like nine or 10 (maybe more), all with their various side effects and interactions, and of course, she now has a round of doctor appointments to look forward to for the next month, just for this.

Please give her all of our best wishes. I know that everyone here is thinking of both of you during this difficult time.

I'm on my tod for a few days now, so my plans for today include additional things such as
  • visiting the letterbox (I know we have mail because I've received a text message from Australia Post to say my item has been delivered)
  • locking up the girls (chooks) down here next to the house
  • locking up and doing the head count and egg collection up top (much further from the house but I get the benefit of getting to gaze at the milky way again in its stunning glory. I'll probably dig out the camera and see if I can get some nice photos, but that's a wrap up warm job)
  • getting the washing in
  • remembering I actually have to eat something rather than getting the prompt from hubby coming home
  • remembering the fire and actually putting wood on it when I go to bed (hubby normally does that)
  • getting firewood in (again hubby normally does it because of the weight)
  • and remembering that I put something on the stove 5 hours ago :whistling: and :cough: :oops: and anything else. I get side tracked....
  • remembering to go to bed.... not so good at that one either.

Hang in there TastyReuben. I'm glad to hear the hospital released her. That must be a positive. I'm on 3 meds, heart & heart related. I would be on blood thinners too, but I'm holding off, for now. Sending more virtual good thoughts your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom