Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind that the State of Texas has about six-times the population of New Zealand. Houston and Dallas alone have more people than New Zealand. Mass transit between major cities in Texas is basically non-existent. Everyone drives almost everywhere here. Holidays are a nightmare.

CD

Yeah I've travelled in 8 lane highways in Seoul and other places, I do get around. I could hop,in a car and drive 12 hrs straight. I once drove 7 hrs for a race (I was there for 30 mins) and then turned around and drove home.

Rus

Yeah I've travelled in 8 lane highways in Seoul and other places, I do get around. I could hop,in a car and drive 12 hrs straight. I once drove 7 hrs for a race (I was there for 30 mins) and then turned around and drove home.

Rus

My ex boss discovered a car in a garage in his dead father's villa near Cadiz which had not been declared anywhere (it had a green rimmed licence plate). His Spanish lawyer advised him that he'd already broken the law so better to drive it back to England (where the green rimmed plate was issued) as soon as possible and hope for the best. He drove to Calais via Madrid in two days. The British customs officers immediately clocked the plate but the duty he paid was later recovered during probate. That was in '76 I think.

[The car had been on temporary import status in Spain]

I once drove 7 hrs for a race (I was there for 30 mins) and then turned around and drove home.

Rus
That's how my dad is. We once drove 17 hours over two days from Cincy to Killeen, TX to see my brother, got there at 4PM, then when we woke up the next morning and finished breakfast, Dad said, "Well, it's a long drive home, better get started." :laugh:

I'd like to say that's the only time he did something like that, but I personally experienced three other occurrences.

My ex boss discovered a car in a garage in his dead father's villa near Cadiz which had not been declared anywhere (it had a green rimmed licence plate). His Spanish lawyer advised him that he'd already broken the law so better to drive it back to England (where the green rimmed plate was issued) as soon as possible and hope for the best. He drove to Calais via Madrid in two days. The British customs officers immediately clocked the plate but the duty he paid was later recovered during probate. That was in '76 I think.

[The car had been on temporary import status in Spain]

Please tell me it was a rare Porsche?

Russ

That's how my dad is. We once drove 17 hours over two days from Cincy to Killeen, TX to see my brother, got there at 4PM, then when we woke up the next morning and finished breakfast, Dad said, "Well, it's a long drive home, better get started." :laugh:

I'd like to say that's the only time he did something like that, but I personally experienced three other occurrences.

My wife hates driving, even to the shops, I have to drive her........and wait, and wait. Lmao

Russ

I'd love to meet your family, I think we'd get along swimmingly! :)

Russ
No, sorry. It was a Mark II 1600E Cortina - excellent condition but left hand drive.
my friend that just passed away has a mk1 cortina, his daily drive. Worth a few bob I'd say. I wonder who's claimed it. It was in pretty good condition. He was a mechanic.

Russ

my friend that just passed away has a mk1 cortina, his daily drive. Worth a few bob I'd say. I wonder who's claimed it. It was in pretty good condition. He was a mechanic.

My first and third cars were MkI Cortinas (I wrote the first off).

This is the full list:

My first and third cars were MkI Cortinas (I wrote the first off).

This is the full list:

View attachment 35424

Very familiar cars there, three I owned as well, the gold one with white top, I owned one as well. Sunbeam from memory, I remember it had an alloy head. Allegro were popular here as well, along with the Austin 1300 or 1800, called a land crab here,lol.

Russ

Morris J2 I think. I didn't have it long. The gold/white one was a Hillman Super Minx. Built like a tank!

It was also sold here as a sunbeam alpine?? I was going to do it up but kids and dogs, I gave it away later finding out it was quite rare. The roots group cars were all named different names. We had the Mazda 323 a ford model laser?? And another car, all came from the same factory but rebadged.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom