Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I've got to drive about 40 minutes each way today to the closest grocery store that carries mascarpone cheese. That's the only thing I can use to get the dog to take one of her pills, and they stopped carrying it at all the local shops for some reason.

Looks like I've got to drive about 40 minutes each way today to the closest grocery store that carries mascarpone cheese. That's the only thing I can use to get the dog to take one of her pills, and they stopped carrying it at all the local shops for some reason.

Mascarpone - that is very particular. Won't any other sort of creamy cheese suffice?

My plans are the ones I postponed yesterday - to buy winter bedding for the window boxes. That, plus posting the gumbo z'herbes photos.

Mascarpone - that is very particular. Won't any other sort of creamy cheese suffice?
Nope, she's got good taste!

She won't go near American cream cheese (Philadelphia brand - it's ubiquitous here), will actually sniff it and get up and leave the room.

We've tried hot dogs, liverwurst, peanut butter, ice cream, banana, pill pockets, all manner of cheeses...nope, she just wants the mascarpone. :laugh:

Nope, she's got good taste!

She won't go near American cream cheese (Philadelphia brand - it's ubiquitous here), will actually sniff it and get up and leave the room.

We've tried hot dogs, liverwurst, peanut butter, ice cream, banana, pill pockets, all manner of cheeses...nope, she just wants the mascarpone. :laugh:

You've got quite the foodie dog!!!

Today: Sliding down the hill from my town to go to Connecticut to run errands, meet a friend for lunch, run more errands, meet the book club for dinner (The Soul of an Octopus), and drive back home. 4 hours total on the road, but I will be picking up some necessary food ingredients for some planned recipes while down there.

Oh, it's corporate holiday lunch today with one of our out-of-town directors.

Regardless of the free grub, I don't really enjoy these things. First, it'll be the gaggle of trying to sort car-pooling, that'll take 20 minutes, then we'll all get there save one straggler, and they'll hold the whole food-ordering process up, then it'll take an age to actually get food to the table, then a lot of superficial smiling and small talk...it'll be an exhausting day today, and I think we have another one tomorrow.

So far I managed to get out to the polling station - probably pointless because where I live is not likely to change party. But at least I did my bit. I'm not looking forward to hearing the results.

Other than that I've achieved more or less nothing except a bit of Forum maintenance. No cooking - but I have got some ideas for the recipe challenge and fridge full of beetroot - red, candy, yellow and ready-cooked.

I had some leftover seafood salad for breakfast. Checked the chickens - there has been high winds that compromised the warmth I've set up for the chicken tractor, so I shored some of that back up, and will go back down shortly to help them some more.

Still trying to figure out what to do about the Welsummer rooster who I cannot use with any of the hens - he drags them around by their necks. He's in a dog crate right now, and is still friendly with me. But for his sake, this is not sustainable, and there's no way to get a real coop here until later in spring. (The hens now have a barred rock rooster, and the pullets in the tractor now have a speckled Sussex rooster. All is amicable there.)

Community center will serve quiche for lunch, I will probably go (although I like my own quiches a lot better). I need to finish writing out the cards for the holidays and that will happen this afternoon. As well as find gifts for those on the gift list - working online to do so for some of these. Although for the friend I'll be dining with on Christmas day, I have picked up most of her gifts, and just need to make more cranberry liqueur.

This afternoon I will be cleaning out our guinea boys and husband and myself will be pressie wrapping because we have a family gathering tomorrow.

All of my Christmas wrapping is long done. Today, out to our favorite bakery to buy sweet rolls and other pastries. We'll toss them in the freezer and set them out to thaw the night before. I hope Santa doesn't eat them all. :)

I've also got to get my Christmas Day cooking schedule in order.

I've three recipes to write up - I really shouldn't put this off. I jot notes as I cook and then it becomes a chore to type them up later. It reminds me of work and stuff I had to do there.

A few more presents to wrap - they keep arriving as I buy everything on-line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom