Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't talk about yesterday's plans, because I woke at 5 am, was out the door by 6:30 (including a trip in the very dark down to the chickens to feed them) to go to an organic farmer's association conference about an hour and 40 minutes away. I didn't get home until 8:45 last night, and went directly to slumber.

I learned about revitalizing old apple trees (some of which I fear won't revitalize, but a few will). I also learned loads about winter squash. I'm totally inspired about what can be done around here this coming year!!! And I had fun at the vendors and booths, although frankly I did NOT buy everything in sight that I wanted. Just a few things.

Today finally the ice/snow has mostly melted, and the chickens wanted (and have) gone outside. I'll note it is very very muddy out there.

Plans today: take trash to dump. Clean out the chicken coop while the temps are above freezing. (This will NOT last.) Try to do more interior organizing in the house. Decide what winter squash seeds to order. Already accomplished: fixing a plywood wall in the chicken tractor house. Starting to write up the conference highlights.

Several errands.
Finish laundry
A trip to the fabric store for thread to hem pants and skirts.
Shoe store - looking for a pair of black booties.
Costco - almost out of coffee and nicotine gum. Also need vodka.
Beauty supply shop - need hair care products
Walmart - pick up an order
Produce market - Olive juice for dirty martinis - they have large bottles for the same price other stores have on small bottles

A lot of running around.

Several errands.
Finish laundry
A trip to the fabric store for thread to hem pants and skirts.
Shoe store - looking for a pair of black booties.
Costco - almost out of coffee and nicotine gum. Also need vodka.
Beauty supply shop - need hair care products
Walmart - pick up an order
Produce market - Olive juice for dirty martinis - they have large bottles for the same price other stores have on small bottles

A lot of running around.

Smoker? Nicotine? I agree with vodka,lol. Nice with freshly squeezed o.j.

Russ

Working (from home) today. No real plans except the usual weekday ones: work, watch some TV, and tonight, I'm making a stir-fry.

With chicken parm, a stir-fry with noodles, and the carbonara challenge, lots of pasta this week.

I'll probably also continue to (slowly) take down and put away the Christmas decorations. :(

Yes a life long smoker desperately fighting the quiting battle. The gum curbs the nicotine craving but nothing curbs the insane need to have a cigarette in my hand. Nothing replaces the soothing effect of ingesting the poisonous smoke. Nothing replaces that really sick NEED to smoke.
I look at myself in the mirror and I see a woman who looks 10 years older than I am - from smoking.
I hate the fact that I am so addicted. Every day is a struggle. I think about smoking. I yearn for the relief that it gives me.
I am a Baby Boomer and - yes - I did my share of drugs in the 60's and 70's. No big deal. Easy to quit. Somewhere along the line I realized that drugs were stupid. I never saw cigarettes as a drug. I started smoking at 16. I am 66 - 67 next month. Struggling to get this gorilla off of my back.

Back to the shopping list. Costo has their brand of Vodka - Kirkland's. They have both American and French. It is a lost leader. Crazy cheep but excellent quality. Smooooth.

7 stops - 6 were productive .

You can call me Bootie Girl. In the last week I purchased 5 pairs of booties. Styling.

Yes a life long smoker desperately fighting the quiting battle. The gum curbs the nicotine craving but nothing curbs the insane need to have a cigarette in my hand. Nothing replaces the soothing effect of ingesting the poisonous smoke. Nothing replaces that really sick NEED to smoke.
I look at myself in the mirror and I see a woman who looks 10 years older than I am - from smoking.
I hate the fact that I am so addicted. Every day is a struggle. I think about smoking. I yearn for the relief that it gives me.
I am a Baby Boomer and - yes - I did my share of drugs in the 60's and 70's. No big deal. Easy to quit. Somewhere along the line I realized that drugs were stupid. I never saw cigarettes as a drug. I started smoking at 16. I am 66 - 67 next month. Struggling to get this gorilla off of my back.

Back to the shopping list. Costo has their brand of Vodka - Kirkland's. They have both American and French. It is a lost leader. Crazy cheep but excellent quality. Smooooth.

You can call me Bootie Girl. In the last week I purchased 5 pairs of booties. Styling.

I feel for you smoking, I was 40 to 50 a day, I was on the road a lot so always had a packet on the passenger seat. Been off them just over 13 years now. I won't smoke again. Funny how you get habits, I still reached for ciggies for 12 months only to find they weren't on the seat, just habits.

I had a young female teacher at high school, she wore boots, I was under her spell,lol. I like a woman in boots.

Russ

ElizabethB - keep it up with the gum. It can be done. My brother started smoking at 13, was a chain smoker up to four+ packs a day (truck driver), and finally, at 59, he quit smoking. If there was ever a guy whom I thought would die with a smoke in his hand, it was him. He used Chantix to stop, but he's stuck with it nearly a year now. It can be done.

ElizabethB - keep it up with the gum. It can be done. My brother started smoking at 13, was a chain smoker up to four+ packs a day (truck driver), and finally, at 59, he quit smoking. If there was ever a guy whom I thought would die with a smoke in his hand, it was him. He used Chantix to stop, but he's stuck with it nearly a year now. It can be done.

I tried hypnosis, it worked for a day,lol. Then the patches, they worked good.

Russ

TastyReuben
I can not do the Chantrix thing. Tried it once. Not a good thing if you suffer with persistent depressive disorder. Fell into a very big pit of depression.
I was smoking 3 packs a day for many years. I am hanging in with my finger nails.

You are not addicted to nicotine you just have an issue with 'coming down' from the high it gives you.
A lot of people have a 'routine' when it comes to smoking, sit in their chair watch tv and light up kind of thing-sit in a different chair-watch the tv programme at a different time-break the routine.
I know it isn't easy,my husband was a smoker, tried different ways to quit, non worked until he bought a book-completely turned his life around.

I tried hypnosis, it worked for a day,lol. Then the patches, they worked good.

Russ

Here, almost everyone trying to quit uses E cigarettes. That way you have something in your hand and can inhale the fake smoke (which is supposedly harmless vapour) and puff it out again. Do they not sell them in the USA? Its not a cheap option but it seems to work really well. In fact, you now see more people on the street smoking E cigarettes than real ones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom