Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel your pain, Tasty! I love (not) waking up to emails sent at midnight with an invite to a morning meeting as soon as you hit the office leaving no prep time. Work Email does have its benefits but, it is also such an unwanted intrusion when you are expected to monitor outside of your normal working hours.. Happy Thursday!!!
My normal passive-aggressive way of dealing with that is:

1. Log on at 8:50AM, see meeting invite for 9AM, get angry.

2. Nonchalantly pour some tea, go to the restroom, check on some other things, otherwise kill about 25 minutes.

3. Join meeting 20-30 minutes late.

4. When someone grumps that I'm late, pointedly remind them not to invite me to 9AM meetings WITH NO G**D*** NOTICE! 😡

This time, though, they caught me online and warned me, so I don't have an out. :laugh:

Yea, we are required to have MSTeams on our work phones and if we aren't on the call - the phone starts blowing up with messages "please join the call" 😱😱

Later this afternoon we are going into town for a meal at Bistro Pierre then to see a comedian Mark Steel.

I have to make a special trip to get the dog's supply of glucosamine chewies. I stopped at two places yesterday that carry them, and at one of those places, I even picked up her food and still forgot the chewies.

1. Make bread for supper tonight. I was going to make a nice, airy no-knead loaf, but I would have had to start that last night...and I forgot. 😬

2. Laundry, the dreaded laundry. 👿

3. Get haircut at and pampering at the salon - best part of my month.💆🏻‍♂️

Plans for today...
  • 1st of the post op follow up appointments.
Went well.​
  • Dig out chooks electric fence after flooding on Monday.
Never goes well​
  • Parents arrive.
Also never goes well​
  • Order a knee scooter for hubby...
Glad hubby’s post op went well. Hope the visit with the parents goes just as well!

I shall finish watching "A Taxi Driver" and then catch up on some sleep. Later I shall finish cleaning up my kitchen - the back doors blew open in the storm and didn't do any favours. The back door mat is still wet and some other things down that end of the kitchen still need sorting. The food prep area was cleaned Monday and tidied up Tuesday, but the other end of the kitchen is still suffering. I have an insurance assessor coming next week to assess the damage, by which time another storm will have gone through.
Last week my next door neighbour had a new roof put on his garage. Most of it ended up in my front garden. He had a new roof fitted yesterday, and the builders also put my TV aerial back for me! The neighbour the other side cleared the bits of roof away for me and also cut back the buddleia which was leaning over the wall into their garden.

Just cooked quick tea, Friday night here, wife's knackered, cheese on toast with bacon tomato and onion. Mr 7 and I had the same, toast with spaghetti on top then grilled, then cheese then bacon onion and tomato. Was very good.

Russ

Glad hubby’s post op went well. Hope the visit with the parents goes just as well!
Thanks.
They are over from the UK. Arrived in Sydney last night, and drove down today. I'm not sure how long they are here for but they mentioned hubby's birthday which is 4 wks away, so it could be 6 weeks that they are here for. A case of watch this space really.

Washer is on, guinea boys are in the lounge so I can give their cage a thorough clean, will sort out recycling, have lunch then chill out on the sofa catching up on telly.

Bonneville salt flats? You heard of burt munroe? The worlds fastest Indian?

Russ

Wow, I don't know how I missed this back in December, except all the travel I was doing. Just had to comment now.

The World's Fastest Indian is one of my favorite movies of all time. What a story.

Anyone who hasn't seen it needs to make "plans today," or as soon as possible.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02Yy1vihIKs

CD

The wife's treadmill arrived, two days early (who needs Prime, haha!), so that's my plan for the next two hours, putting this monstrosity together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom