Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HMMMM - as little as possible. How is that for a plan? G went to the fishing camp yesterday. Step Son is still there and DIL, GD and three of her friends are also there. I opted out. Too much commotion - especially with 4 teenage girls!
The House is quiet. The TV has not been on since G left. I have been reading, of course doing laundry, that is never ending. I have been researching recipes and making a shopping list for tomorrow. I have not had to water the garden boxes in a couple of weeks - plenty of rain. Either this evening or early tomorrow I need to fertilize.
I do need to make a quick run to my local market - out of wine. :hyper: After I take a nap.
I had to laugh. I mentioned elsewhere that I found a five loaf package of frozen rise and bake bread dough. I baked a loaf over the weekend then another Wednesday. I sent that loaf to the camp with G. Step Son, DIL, GD and her friends were all besides themselves. "Real Homemade Bread!!!". That is as close as they will ever be to homemade bread. It really is good - better than sliced bread. I baked another loaf last night and have 2 more in the freezer. After that it is back to "Real Homemade Bread" since sweet G found Active Dry Yeast yesterday.

Made scrambled eggs n bacon for the wife, hot chocolate for her and earl grey for me. 11am and Saturday. Sorting my horse bets out soon. No racing here yet, but ozzy still going.

Russ

My 'productive window' has shrunk dramatically under lockdown. At this time of year I would usually be out walking the dogs by 5 a.m. Then off to the gym by 06.00 for a workout and a swim, home for breakfast by 08.00, working by 09.00. At the moment, I'm often still in bed at 09.00, drinking tea and watching telly. Mornings consist of doing odd jobs in the garden and the occasional shopping trip. Breakfast, that used to be a quick bowl of granola or at most beans on toast is now a full blown meal, often extending to three courses. Lunch, which would usually be a sandwich on the go, is now the main meal of the day. By 13:00 I can be found in the kitchen, apron'd up, glass of wine in hand, about to embark upon some culinary gymnastics. Supper, in the days of old, would have been meticulously planned and salivated over all day long. Now it has almost been relegated to an afterthought, something light, grabbed from the freezer. After a few more glasses of wine in the afternoon, who really cares?

My 'productive window' has shrunk dramatically under lockdown. At this time of year I would usually be out walking the dogs by 5 a.m. Then off to the gym by 06.00 for a workout and a swim, home for breakfast by 08.00, working by 09.00. At the moment, I'm often still in bed at 09.00, drinking tea and watching telly. Mornings consist of doing odd jobs in the garden and the occasional shopping trip. Breakfast, that used to be a quick bowl of granola or at most beans on toast is now a full blown meal, often extending to three courses. Lunch, which would usually be a sandwich on the go, is now the main meal of the day. By 13:00 I can be found in the kitchen, apron'd up, glass of wine in hand, about to embark upon some culinary gymnastics. Supper, in the days of old, would have been meticulously planned and salivated over all day long. Now it has almost been relegated to an afterthought, something light, grabbed from the freezer. After a few more glasses of wine in the afternoon, who really cares?

Oh my! You will be putting on weight then what with no exercise, three course breakfasts and all that wine...

Oh my! You will be putting on weight then what with no exercise, three course breakfasts and all that wine...
"Will be" doesn't come into it. I'm still walking the dogs, just later in the morning, and more slowly on account of being accompanied by wife with shorter legs than me. To compensate, I am planning to start riding my bike, if I can find a pump to pump up the tyres. I haven't ridden it since, well, since I bought it about eight years ago. I only bought it to replace my previous bike that I didn't ride either - I had accidentally driven over it with a tractor. I really don't like cycling.

Apart from the being in bed until 9AM, I like the sound of your current lifestyle over your previous one! :)

I haven't ridden it since, well, since I bought it about eight years ago. I only bought it to replace my previous bike that I didn't ride either - I had accidentally driven over it with a tractor. I really don't like cycling.

:roflmao:

You'll have to cycle quite a lot to burn up many calories. Apparently, to lose one pound of body fat you need to burn 3500 calories!

These two facts came from different sources - go figure...
  • On average, a 150-pound person burns 91 calories biking for 20 minutes at a leisurely pace of less than 10 miles per hour, according to the Calorie Control Council's Get Moving Calculator. The caloric burn increases to 136 calories when intensity escalates to a moderate pace, 12 to 13.9 miles per hour.
  • A 20 minute brisk walk burns approx. 100 calories.

Yesterday, dealt with my blog, brought eggs to the community center, talked with a woman there (ten or fifteen feet away) about raising livestock - she has alpaca, sheep and a llama. Went down to a neighboring town to pick up a couple essentials (including Haagendaz Chocolate chocolate chip ice cream - for some reason I can't find any company that ships ice cream for home delivery...). Ate the entire pint for dinner.

Talked to a friend on the phone, talked to my local bank so I can reset my forgotten password so I can put money into the checking account remotely - had to create a new set of password "questions" and invent answers to things like "Who is your favorite author"? when the answer would vary by month if not daily... I am writing my password down and putting it in a safe place, not using the word "bank" on the written record (just the name of the town the branch I go to is in).

And of course the usual chicken-y and quail-y and cat things I do every day.

Today's goals:

• Drive the 150 pounds of sand to the back yard, and unload in the new chicken coop's run.
  • Drive to the small town where I will pick up MORE sand, and also more topsoil for fruit trees. Maybe some peat moss.
  • Will check gas gauge, and if necessary, drive two more tiny towns over to an actual gas station.
  • Call into the Mom and Pop curbside only grocery for an order of boneless, skinless chicken thighs, and for an order of legs (bone in both parts), and paper towels, and to see if they ever have gotten alcohol based hand sanitizer. The boneless thighs are for a rice recipe that for some reason I feel compelled to make.
  • Return, dump the additional sand into the chicken coop's run. Why, you ask? There's wire flooring (Predator protection) and you need to fill the base of the run up enough so that chickens aren't just walking on wire. For some reason the coop designers didn't put the wire on the UNDERSIDE of the wood frame....
  • Call the bank back down in Connecticut - I also don't recall my access info there - so I can transfer money to the bank up here - so I can pay taxes and insurance and such with the checks I have, as I am out of checks from the old bank. I always preferred to go in, in person, when I was in Connecticut, to do anything, but that's not possible now. SO I have joined the electronic age.
  • Cook the rice and chicken thigh dish. Eat and enjoy.
  • It will rain on and off today. I would like to plant some fruit trees, weather cooperating. Also the purslane and other veggies.
Sunday's goals:
  • Put an excess rooster into the fridge. (No details given.)
  • Trash at circa 9 am - things I won't compost from the rooster, kitty litter, kitchen trash, cardboard & paper recyclables, plastic & glass & metal recyclables.
  • Checking to see if they want help with the Memorial Day veterans flag placement - I asked yesterday and they said they were good with two people, but I'll confirm, and if they need help, I can help until 11 am. (Usually it is a yearly event where a lot of the town shows up to refreshen small flags and plant geraniums at the site of each veteran's grave. The event itself is cancelled, but the flags go on... And distance in a cemetery is not a real issue.)
  • 11 am to 1 pm - Zoom webinar. If I end up late, it's not a problem.
  • For the first time in months, I will be going to a friend's to hang out. We will socially-distance on her back deck, and eat take out. She's been tested (as a month ago her neighbors had coronavirus).
Monday's goals:
  • I think I'll sleep all day. (I wish... but there's a great chance it will NOT be a productive day...)
  • Maybe grill something?
  • Walk in the woods with lots of tick spray? (You can't win for losing: in public, COVID-19. In the privacy of woods: various tick-bourne diseases....)

Last edited:

Agree about the wine....

But, amazingly enough, upon retirement, no matter what I do, I find I wake with the sun each morning. Hasn't changed with Stay In Place, either. I'm up at 5:30. (In the winter of course it was 7:30...)

I purposely placed my bedroom on the west side of the house when I built - so I could happily sleep in.

Didn't work.

I don't really have any plans today, apart from making food. No real need to go anywhere (I hate going out on weekends, anyway).

Probably clean the house a bit, maybe pull some weeds here and there. I hate pulling weeks, so I have a rule that every time I go outside, I have to pull 10 weeds. :laugh:

We did get a quote for the pressure washer guy, so he's coming sometime in the next two weeks. I'm in a flower-planting mood, but the greenhouse closest to me, where I went yesterday, isn't very well-stocked yet, and I don't want to go to the bigger, better one on a weekend, because it'll be packed. Virus or not, I wouldn't enjoy that at all.

My plan today was to copy the documents that I need to permit me to stay in this country for another year. Which I have done.

For a reason that is only apparent to the Thai Immigration, I need to provide a copy of my passport (they have at least 10 of these already), copies of each extension to stay issued in the last 10 years, copies of my bank passbook(s) showing that I have had the requisite funds in place for the last 12 months. Then I shall need to visit the bank on the same day that I apply for my extension (next Tuesday) to obtain a letter from them confirming my bank's balance then spend over one hour in the office 60 km away whilst everything is triple checked, signed and multi stamped.

And I complain about shopping!

:roflmao:

You'll have to cycle quite a lot to burn up many calories. Apparently, to lose one pound of body fat you need to burn 3500 calories!

These two facts came from different sources - go figure...
  • On average, a 150-pound person burns 91 calories biking for 20 minutes at a leisurely pace of less than 10 miles per hour, according to the Calorie Control Council's Get Moving Calculator. The caloric burn increases to 136 calories when intensity escalates to a moderate pace, 12 to 13.9 miles per hour.
  • A 20 minute brisk walk burns approx. 100 calories.
Yes, that sounds about right. I have a step counting app on my phone that shows calories burned. A 2.5km stroll with the dogs on Thursday burned up 154 calories.

Agree about the wine....

But, amazingly enough, upon retirement, no matter what I do, I find I wake with the sun each morning. Hasn't changed with Stay In Place, either. I'm up at 5:30. (In the winter of course it was 7:30...)

I purposely placed my bedroom on the west side of the house when I built - so I could happily sleep in.

Didn't work.
Oh I still wake up at sunrise. I've just got into the habit of not getting up, apart from to make tea. Need to have a word with myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom