Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had cancer, too. I trust doctors. I was just wondering if anyone here has had a gall bladder removed. It would be nice to have a "heads up" on what to expect.

CD
If I remember correctly, my mom's was done with three tiny incisions, barely even a surgery, and I think they kept her overnight for observation, and that was decades ago, so they've probably slicked it up even better now.

Her big change was afterwards, with the diet. My mom's a "good ol' country girl," as she would say, so her four food groups are salt-cured ham, bacon, pork chops, and grease. She had to alter that, but I think you're already doing that.

For the record, she changed her eating habits for a year or so, then declared that "ain't nobody can live on that kind of food," (meaning healthy fruit and veg) and went back to her usual eating habits, which means as soon as she eats something like a greasy fried egg and a piece of ham, she's heading for the toilet, but that's a cheap price to pay for her.

The surgery itself was easy for her.

I've had cancer, too. I trust doctors. I was just wondering if anyone here has had a gall bladder removed. It would be nice to have a "heads up" on what to expect.

CD

From the posts above it doesn't sound like a huge issue. As TastyReuben says, it requires careful eating but you are already doing that.

Well, it could have gone better. The sonogram showed that a polyp on my gall bladder that hasn't changed in years, has grown considerably in the last six months. He wants to remove my gall bladder.

Anyone here had this done?

CD
Not personally - three immediate family members have had their gall bladders removed . I live with one of them. As most others have said, diet changes and one also had a learning curve on how fast certain foods may travel through you once eaten :)

None of the three had any complications during/after the surgery.

Good luck, CD!

If I remember correctly, my mom's was done with three tiny incisions, barely even a surgery, and I think they kept her overnight for observation, and that was decades ago, so they've probably slicked it up even better now.

Her big change was afterwards, with the diet. My mom's a "good ol' country girl," as she would say, so her four food groups are salt-cured ham, bacon, pork chops, and grease. She had to alter that, but I think you're already doing that.

For the record, she changed her eating habits for a year or so, then declared that "ain't nobody can live on that kind of food," (meaning healthy fruit and veg) and went back to her usual eating habits, which means as soon as she eats something like a greasy fried egg and a piece of ham, she's heading for the toilet, but that's a cheap price to pay for her.

The surgery itself was easy for her.

My sister described the actual surgery in great detail, and yes, it is is three incisions.

What I am more unsure about is how it is going to effect my food choices. She said that it can give a person an intolerance for fat. Sounds like your mom's situation. Fat is flavor. Cutting WAY back on salt has really not been a big deal, but trading a fatty ribeye for a chicken breast is a major cause for concern. :ohmy:

CD

My sister described the actual surgery in great detail, and yes, it is is three incisions.

What I am more unsure about is how it is going to effect my food choices. She said that it can give a person an intolerance for fat. Sounds like your mom's situation. Fat is flavor. Cutting WAY back on salt has really not been a big deal, but trading a fatty ribeye for a chicken breast is a major cause for concern. :ohmy:

CD
With Mom, with several years behind her, I can say at 82, she eats whatever she wants, and that includes a portion of bacon and/or ham, and an egg fried in bacon grease every single morning. It runs right through her, I know that as well, but she doesn't let it stop her eating what she wants.

I'm in no way telling you, "Don't worry about it, eat whatever you want," I'm just telling you her experience. She followed the doctor's advice on foods, and tried to eat that way for a year or more, and finally just gave up. She has no willpower and food is her first love, so she decided she wasn't going to deny herself.

I know she's told me that the worst thing for her to eat, what really messes up her digestive tract, is a doughnut. That, and popcorn, which she drowns in salt and butter.

There are meds you can take to bind with bile for occasional fatty foods, but overall there would need to be some dietary changes.

Plans have changed. We have to stay in this morning, the Cops want to interview me. So Dil and Trine are coming over this afternoon. Dil will cook. We will go fishing on Thursday.

Plans have changed. We have to stay in this morning, the Cops want to interview me. So Dil and Trine are coming over this afternoon. Dil will cook. We will go fishing on Thursday.
About what?

About what?
I was driving home after dropping Dil and Trine off. The coast road is very dangerous and there are quite a few speed traps. I stick to the speed limit. Between Stobrec and Podstrana there is no overtaking. This red Golf Gti was stuck up my bumper. When I turned into our side road he followed me, when I turned into our cul de sac the roof was down on the Saab, he was screaming filthy insults. He then reversed up behind me to block me in. He was the typical idiot , mid 40s pony tail etc. He called my wife an F'ing Whore. I got out. he made a lunge at me, so I dislocated his thumb and broke his little finger. My wife videoed it on the phone. You can hear him shouting he was going to kick the shxt out of me etc. I clearly acted in self defense.

I was driving home after dropping Dil and Trine off. The coast road is very dangerous and there are quite a few speed traps. I stick to the speed limit. Between Stobrec and Podstrana there is no overtaking. This red Golf Gti was stuck up my bumper. When I turned into our side road he followed me, when I turned into our cul de sac the roof was down on the Saab, he was screaming filthy insults. He then reversed up behind me to block me in. He was the typical idiot , mid 40s pony tail etc. He called my wife an F'ing Whore. I got out. he made a lunge at me, so I dislocated his thumb and broke his little finger. My wife videoed it on the phone. You can hear him shouting he was going to kick the shxt out of me etc. I clearly acted in self defense.
Yeah, he had it coming to him. Some people!

Well, for a start, I'm calling off work today. I was on-call all last week, then the next guy who was on-call took two days off, so I had to cover that, and it was a bear. I worked straight through from 8:30AM to 11:30PM Monday, and Saturday (day off), I had to work from 6:30AM-10:30AM, then I got called at 1AM Sunday morning...then 2:30AM, and I was up with that for the next few hours.

Today, I just feel like doing absolutely nothing, so I'm calling off work.

Well, for a start, I'm calling off work today. I was on-call all last week, then the next guy who was on-call took two days off, so I had to cover that, and it was a bear. I worked straight through from 8:30AM to 11:30PM Monday, and Saturday (day off), I had to work from 6:30AM-10:30AM, then I got called at 1AM Sunday morning...then 2:30AM, and I was up with that for the next few hours.

Today, I just feel like doing absolutely nothing, so I'm calling off work.

Count your blessings. You have a regular paycheck.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom