Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually got everything done I had planned for today, but I'm exhausted now. Made the gratin earlier today, except waited to put the bread crumb topping on until I was ready to put it in oven. I had put some garlic, spices and EVOO on some large cubes of beef yesterday. Today, I braised them in the pressure cooker with some red wine, beef broth, a can of tomatoes, various spices, onion, garlic to make a beef ragu for next week. Worked for a bit, but not much going on as hospital is still pretty quiet due to holidays. Broke down a nearly 10 pound, bone in pork butt that was on sale for .99 cents a pound this week. Got 4 nice pork steaks, close to 3 pounds (going to have slices this week and make bao buns for sammies next week) that went into a 48 hour marinade for Chinese BBQ, a couple pounds of odd sized pieces to make ground pork, a 1.5 pound piece that will make a nice small roast and about 1.25 pounds of pieces that will make nice size chunks for some kind of stew. Tomorrow, I'm going to use some of the coconut vinegar we bought for some dish we made before and make a Goan chicken vindaloo for next week. I figure the vindaloo and ragu can only benefit from a few days of melding and I'll have some easy mostly noncooking evenings.

My plan for today was as every Wednesday - snooker for 3 hours then char siu noodles for snap.

However, the second stage of Covid-19 in Thailand is really being taken seriously and the snooker was closed. As not to waste a trip and plan for another potential booze ban, we picked up another 75 litres of beer at Makro and I've spent most of the rest of the afternoon cooking haslet. I'll still have the customary char siu noodles later.

Today, I am sitting at the car service, waiting for four new brake pads and rotors. Watching HGTV show, "Flipping". Wondering why HGTV needs to show back to back to back to.... etc. episodes of the same show.

I will be here for 3.5 to 4 hours. After, I will pick up quail food, and stop at Aldi's. Then will consider lunch. I did bring a Kindle with me when their TV gets boring.

No plans but being overwhelmed by laziness today.
I might decide to move from the bed to the sofa, but sounds so challenging
laziness (3).jpg

I went to a doctor's appointment this morning. I have to pick up a rental to drive to Houston, and then I'm going to lunch with a friend.

CD

I actually got everything done I had planned for today, but I'm exhausted now. Made the gratin earlier today, except waited to put the bread crumb topping on until I was ready to put it in oven. I had put some garlic, spices and EVOO on some large cubes of beef yesterday. Today, I braised them in the pressure cooker with some red wine, beef broth, a can of tomatoes, various spices, onion, garlic to make a beef ragu for next week. Worked for a bit, but not much going on as hospital is still pretty quiet due to holidays. Broke down a nearly 10 pound, bone in pork butt that was on sale for .99 cents a pound this week. Got 4 nice pork steaks, close to 3 pounds (going to have slices this week and make bao buns for sammies next week) that went into a 48 hour marinade for Chinese BBQ, a couple pounds of odd sized pieces to make ground pork, a 1.5 pound piece that will make a nice small roast and about 1.25 pounds of pieces that will make nice size chunks for some kind of stew. Tomorrow, I'm going to use some of the coconut vinegar we bought for some dish we made before and make a Goan chicken vindaloo for next week. I figure the vindaloo and ragu can only benefit from a few days of melding and I'll have some easy mostly noncooking evenings.

You are making me sound like I'm lazy, all that work,lol. I think you deserve a wine.

Russ

Today, I am sitting at the car service, waiting for four new brake pads and rotors. Watching HGTV show, "Flipping". Wondering why HGTV needs to show back to back to back to.... etc. episodes of the same show.

I will be here for 3.5 to 4 hours. After, I will pick up quail food, and stop at Aldi's. Then will consider lunch. I did bring a Kindle with me when their TV gets boring.

I just had rotors and pads for wife's car pre Xmas. Dam cars!!

Russ

I went to a doctor's appointment this morning. I have to pick up a rental to drive to Houston, and then I'm going to lunch with a friend.

CD

I got my rental pickup truck. Holly cow! I did some searching, and this is a $60K pickup. :ohmy:

Hemi V8, 4-wheel drive. Two tone leather interior with heated seats and steering wheel (4 door with leather front and back). SatNav, Satellite Radio. Remote start (you can start it from inside the house to warm up or cool off). And get this, a power tailgate.

This thing is ridiculous, but I'm fine with that. :D

Unknown-5.jpeg

Unknown-4.jpeg

CD

Any news on the op, CD?

Yes. The surgeon tried to remove the gall bladder, but he couldn't find a way to do it without likely cutting my liver, which is in fragile condition. A cut could lead to me bleeding to death on the operating table. The reason I have more incisions than I should have is because he tried to find an angle that would work, but it didn't happen (it was robotic surgery, so the incisions were small).

Since my body is in great shape, other than my liver, he wants me to see a hepatologist about a liver transplant, which would remove the gall bladder at the same time. Right now, I don't think I qualify, but It can't hurt to get an opinion.

Oh, and he said my gall bladder was "hard as a rock," so it probably doesn't function, anyway. So. I've probably been living without a gall bladder for some time now.

CD

Sounds like you can do without both organs, but a new liver would be good? Can't hurt to get another opinion. Thinking of you buddy (that's Texan speak, right?)

Well, you have to have a liver, but not a gall bladder. And, the right Texan term would be "padner," (pronounced pod -ner, with a draw) Texan for "partner." "Thinkin' 'bout, ya' padner." 🤠 (Texans don't have much use for the "g" in "ing")

Here's a few other Texan phrases...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYSAKe8sCz0

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom