Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you have to have a liver, but not a gall bladder. And, the right Texan term would be "padner," (pronounced pod -ner, with a draw) Texan for "partner." "Thinkin' 'bout, ya' padner." 🤠 (Texans don't have much use for the "g" in "ing")

Here's a few other Texan phrases...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYSAKe8sCz0

CD
F*ck me this is complicated. "Thinking about you, dear boy", would that work?

Well, you have to have a liver, but not a gall bladder. And, the right Texan term would be "padner," (pronounced pod -ner, with a draw) Texan for "partner." "Thinkin' 'bout, ya' padner." 🤠 (Texans don't have much use for the "g" in "ing")

Here's a few other Texan phrases...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYSAKe8sCz0

CD

That's interesting - I grew up using both of these phrases from the video to mean exactly the same. I still use both. The latter quite a lot...

Do what
I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him

I got my rental pickup truck. Holly cow! I did some searching, and this is a $60K pickup. :ohmy:

Hemi V8, 4-wheel drive. Two tone leather interior with heated seats and steering wheel (4 door with leather front and back). SatNav, Satellite Radio. Remote start (you can start it from inside the house to warm up or cool off). And get this, a power tailgate.

This thing is ridiculous, but I'm fine with that. :D

View attachment 54276

View attachment 54277

CD

I love the interior - enjoy!

I've got to run into town today, grab a prescription, then back in the opposite direction to the big Kroger to get proper cheese for fondue tonight.

While I'm out, I may duck into Sur La Table and see if they still have that 6qt carbon steel Dutch oven on clearance, Clarence.

That's interesting - I grew up using both of these phrases from the video to mean exactly the same. I still use both. The latter quite a lot...

Do what
I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him

Yeah, I think of those particular two phrases as being more widespread. He also left some Texan phrases out of his list.

CD

Wow...I never knew rye flour was so hard to find.

Three Krogers and a Whole Foods...nope. I've made rye bread before, and I know I got the flour at Kroger, but no more. Whole Foods really surprised me, as I thought for sure they'd have it. Nope.

The fellow stocking the shelf while I was there said he'd never even heard of rye flour!

Well, as luck would have it, I was heading home the back way, and there's this little tiny Russian market/deli that I've driven by for years, and I've always said to myself, "Self, we're gonna go in there one o' these days.."

Well, today was the day. I thought, "Hey...I bet Russians eat a lot of rye bread!" - I have nothing to base that on, BTW. Just seemed like it could be true.

So I ducked in, and...it's a proper Russian shop, owned by a Russian family, mom and two daughters working, and the stuff on the shelves...not an English word to be found.

Went to the flour aisle, all the flour is in Russian! I actually started looking at the flour dust on the bag bottoms, then found a small bag with what looked like pumpernickel bread on the label. I grabbed that.

I asked the woman (Mom) at the register, "Is this rye flour?"

Mom looked at me, at daughter, daughter whispered to Mom, Mom replied, "Dark flour! Dark bread!"

Close enough for me. 👍🏻

I did notice a little tag on it when I got home that's in English - the expiration/best by/use by date - it passed 10 months ago. It'll have to do.

Rye bread next week! Or pumpernickel! I don't know yet! 🍞

Oh, I did also get my 5.5qt BK stoofpot, er, Dutch oven...regularly $175, on clearance for $80. Now I'm set. It's black, but I can live with that. Maybe that'll make it heat up faster. :laugh:

Windigo - I now have two BK stoofpots ("The Dutch dutch oven!") - we're now pretty much related, I think. :)

Wow...I never knew rye flour was so hard to find.

Three Krogers and a Whole Foods...nope. I've made rye bread before, and I know I got the flour at Kroger, but no more. Whole Foods really surprised me, as I thought for sure they'd have it. Nope.

The fellow stocking the shelf while I was there said he'd never even heard of rye flour!

Well, as luck would have it, I was heading home the back way, and there's this little tiny Russian market/deli that I've driven by for years, and I've always said to myself, "Self, we're gonna go in there one o' these days.."

Well, today was the day. I thought, "Hey...I bet Russians eat a lot of rye bread!" - I have nothing to base that on, BTW. Just seemed like it could be true.

So I ducked in, and...it's a proper Russian shop, owned by a Russian family, mom and two daughters working, and the stuff on the shelves...not an English word to be found.

Went to the flour aisle, all the flour is in Russian! I actually started looking at the flour dust on the bag bottoms, then found a small bag with what looked like pumpernickel bread on the label. I grabbed that.

I asked the woman (Mom) at the register, "Is this rye flour?"

Mom looked at me, at daughter, daughter whispered to Mom, Mom replied, "Dark flour! Dark bread!"

Close enough for me. 👍🏻

I did notice a little tag on it when I got home that's in English - the expiration/best by/use by date - it passed 10 months ago. It'll have to do.

Rye bread next week! Or pumpernickel! I don't know yet! 🍞

I take it they didn't let you see the room in the back where the Russian Mafia offices.

CD

I love the interior - enjoy!

Looks like I'll be driving back to Dallas in Snow, so a big truck with four-wheel-drive may come in handy, especially if I have to swerve off the pavement to dodge the nimrods. There are always too many idiots when it snow who don't slow down for conditions, and lose it, spinning down the highways. I used to see "drivers" of SUVs blow past me in my Audi Quattros, only for me to pass them up the road, their SUVs pasted to an immovable object.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom