Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lazy Sunday today. Breakfast, maybe eggs, or maybe anchovies on sourdough. Lunch is topside of beef, which is about to go in the water bath for six hours @55 deg C before reverse searing. Yorkshire puddings, creamed leeks, roast potatoes, red wine gravy. Rain is forecast, so the dogs will not thank me for a walk. Prosecco it is then.

Just woken up and I am already thinking about a nap later in the afternoon after a very bad night’s sleep. Sushi and I are not BFF anymore, especially when I eat it in the evening. I have to manage now one of the best headache I ever had,
Lunch today probably will be water.
Getting ready for a walk with Sam now

A new lockdown is confirmed to start next thursday and I had some clothes to return before stores close, I also took the chance to buy a new dress
IMG_20210110_112632.jpg

I'm going to try to cut a branch off of my sister's maple tree that is ruining the shape of the tree. Wish me luck. It is on and off raining here, so it may not happen. I have to replace her smoke alarm backup batteries today, and a air filter. And, I am cooking a Pasta dish with shrimp for the family. It is something they really like, and ask me to cook most of the times I come to Houston. I never make it at home, although it is very good. I am also going to try to squeeze in the baking of some maple glazed pecans for my dad -- a holiday tradition I couldn't do before Christmas because of my surgery. Then, the Steelers playoff game at 7:15 PM. Busy day.

CD

I'm going to try to cut a branch off of my sister's maple tree that is ruining the shape of the tree. Wish me luck. It is on and off raining here, so it may not happen. I have to replace her smoke alarm backup batteries today, and a air filter. And, I am cooking a Pasta dish with shrimp for the family. It is something they really like, and ask me to cook most of the times I come to Houston. I never make it at home, although it is very good. I am also going to try to squeeze in the baking of some maple glazed pecans for my dad -- a holiday tradition I couldn't do before Christmas because of my surgery. Then, the Steelers playoff game at 7:15 PM. Busy day.

CD

Well, the tree branch is gone. It was bigger than I thought -- six inches at the trunk. It stopped raining just long enough for me to get it done.

IMG_1239.JPG

CD

Last edited:

CD

Okay. Tree cutting, DONE. Smoke alarm batteries, DONE. Shrimp pasta lunch for family, DONE. Glazed pecans, DONE. Pain under one of my surgical incisions from cutting tree, DONE.

CD

Did nothing today, painters vans (2) in driveway plus wife's car. Garage rang about wife's car, they snapped the bonnet/hood level inside the car when her car broke down pre New Year's Eve. Car booked in for tomorrow, be interesting to see if they try and charge her...... They broke it trying to open it.

Russ

Chainsaw? I hope not by hand? That would cause pain!

Russ

I wore my chainsaw out years ago. I used a sawsall (reciprocating saw). Cuts tree branches slower than a chain saw, but it gets the job done. I started with a regular blade, which sucked, but went to Home Depot and bought a 15-dollar 12-inch carbide tipped pruning blade. That got 'er done. :okay:

I was working above my head, and the sawsall vibrates a lot when cutting, so I'm guessing that's how I tweaked my still healing abdominal muscle. It should be fine in a couple of days.

CD

Did nothing today, painters vans (2) in driveway plus wife's car. Garage rang about wife's car, they snapped the bonnet/hood level inside the car when her car broke down pre New Year's Eve. Car booked in for tomorrow, be interesting to see if they try and charge her...... They broke it trying to open it.

Russ

Don't let them charge you if they broke it. But, knowing you as much as I do, I can't see you letting them get away with charging you.

CD

I wore my chainsaw out years ago. I used a sawsall (reciprocating saw). Cuts tree branches slower than a chain saw, but it gets the job done. I started with a regular blade, which sucked, but went to Home Depot and bought a 15-dollar 12-inch carbide tipped pruning blade. That got 'er done. :okay:

I was working above my head, and the sawsall vibrates a lot when cutting, so I'm guessing that's how I tweaked my still healing abdominal muscle. It should be fine in a couple of days.

CD

Never heard of a sawsall?
I nearly said, git er done! This ennin. ( that's how my Texan friend talks) I've figured the lingo out,lol

Russ

Don't let them charge you if they broke it. But, knowing you as much as I do, I can't see you letting them get away with charging you.

CD

Yes you are right about me..... My wife is a push over, hence ordering wrong carpet, much to the salesman glee. I sorted that out ... $400 credit. I'll make final payment this week.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom