Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of a sawsall?
I nearly said, git er done! This ennin. ( that's how my Texan friend talks) I've figured the lingo out,lol

Russ

This is a sawsall. It is mostly used for demolition work, as the normal blades will cut though almost anything.

Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 10.35.11 PM.png

Git 'er done is a saying coined by comedian "Larry the Cable Guy."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TU-li1BqZ4

CD

We call that a sabre saw, I've sold dozens of them. Makita ones.

Russ

Yeah, that name works, too. But, the name saber saw (US spelling) is often applied to an electric jigsaw here. It shouldn't be, but it is. Milwaukee tool company coined the name sawsall. If you look at the photo I posted carefully, you will actually see the word "Sawsall" on the saw. It is trademarked, but it has become a general term for the reciprocating saw in the US.

My power tools are mostly Bosch, Makita and Porter Cable -- all top shelf brands.

CD

Yeah, that name works, too. But, the name saber saw (US spelling) is often applied to an electric jigsaw here. It shouldn't be, but it is. Milwaukee tool company coined the name sawsall. If you look at the photo I posted carefully, you will actually see the word "Sawsall" on the saw. It is trademarked, but it has become a general term for the reciprocating saw in the US.

My power tools are mostly Bosch, Makita and Porter Cable -- all top shelf brands.

CD

I carried Bosch Makita and hitachi. Rough rule of thumb , Bosch for metal,and Makita for wood.
I had paid for trips by Bosch to Vanuatu. And one to Adelaide when Grand Prix was run there.
Me and my wife. The Vanuatu trip was hilarious. Funny stories on the way people act to situations.lol.

Russ

I carried Bosch Makita and hitachi. Rough rule of thumb , Bosch for metal,and Makita for wood.
I had paid for trips by Bosch to Vanuatu. And one to Adelaide when Grand Prix was run there.
Me and my wife. The Vanuatu trip was hilarious. Funny stories on the way people act to situations.lol.

Russ

Now that you mention it, I do have one Hitachi power tool -- a circular saw. It has a cast aluminum baseplate. That's what sold me on it. Other brands had that, but they cost a lot more. So, I decided to give Hitachi a shot for that tool, and I'm happy with the saw.

I don't use my power tools nearly as much as I used to.

Do you have Porter Cable in NZ?

Homepage

CD

Another smart working day today...
I might give a try to make bread, still not sure what kind of though.
And I necessarily need to go to the supermarket since I’ve ran out of fundamentals: dark chocolate, extra-dark chocolate and hazelnuts dark-chocolate

Last edited:
At 4:30 Am this morning I stepped outside with the dog and it was 71F/22C and a breeze picking up.
A text dinged in telling that the power company anticipates high winds and a 24 hour power shut off is imminent.

So I rolled out and plugged the generator in to power the house.
Our Kids have online tests and school classes all day through the evening. They don't tell me why but they don't want to use their laptops + we need to keep the wifi juiced up and their PCs powered. Oh, and the microwave too.

I remember my dad yelling at me "Without electricity, your generation is nothin'. "

nLqUMpS.jpg

At 4:30 Am this morning I stepped outside with the dog and it was 71F/22C and a breeze picking up.
A text dinged in telling that the power company anticipates high winds and a 24 hour power shut off is imminent.

So I rolled out and plugged the generator in to power the house.
Our Kids have online tests and school classes all day through the evening. They don't tell me why but they don't want to use their laptops + we need to keep the wifi juiced up and their PCs powered. Oh, and the microwave too.

I remember my dad yelling at me "Without electricity, your generation is nothin'. "

View attachment 54861

If I lived in Cali, I'd have to have a whole house backup generator.

BTW, a lot of people not from the US/Cali may not know why the power gets turned off on windy days. You might want to explain.

CD

If I lived in Cali, I'd have to have a whole house backup generator.

BTW, a lot of people not from the US/Cali may not know why the power gets turned off on windy days. You might want to explain.

CD

No idea here why? Hell, in the earthquakes here we lost nothing, most lost power, water and other facilities. We lost nothing. Our kids lost houses and power etc.
Guess we're in a good area.?

Russ

Painters supposed to be finished today. Making bacon n egg sarnies aka sammiches with cheese BBQ sauce and toasted. For them and us. They really are nice. Trip to the bank to get dosh to settle the job. Prolly added $30 k to the property. So money well invested. Builder been and quoted $1k to move a wall. We will do later.

Russ

No idea here why? Hell, in the earthquakes here we lost nothing, most lost power, water and other facilities. We lost nothing. Our kids lost houses and power etc.
Guess we're in a good area.?

Russ

You don't have PG&E (Pacific Gas & Electric). :rolleyes: :laugh:

DBC can add the details, but it is about wildfires, often started by downed power lines.

CD

No wildfires here, we have choices here for power etc. biggest annoyance ATM is painters bumping my sky aerial lol.

Russ

You can chose who sells you your power, but one entity provides the power grid. Otherwise, there would be dozens of electric wires running to your neighborhood, one for each power company. Your power company is selling you electricity they buy and mark up from the owners of the power grid.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom