Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can chose who sells you your power, but one entity provides the power grid. Otherwise, there would be dozens of electric wires running to your neighborhood, one for each power company. Your power company is selling you electricity they buy and mark up from the owners of the power grid.

CD

Growing up the state owned the power networks. As you say one lead in but different "handlers" of the bill now. We get half price in the weekend from memory?

Russ

If I lived in Cali, I'd have to have a whole house backup generator.

BTW, a lot of people not from the US/Cali may not know why the power gets turned off on windy days. You might want to explain.

CD
It is a whole house generator. Inverter too. Neighbors can't hear it at all.

The Calif govt refuses to renew power plant permits nor allow new clean burning/turbine natural gas power plants to be built.

Especially none be built close to the end users.
So electrical power is transmitted into certain areas from distance source spots that are prone to fires if the power transmission lines fail.

During high winds these power feeds may be shut off to prevent fires.

Last edited:
Turned out good.
Beware it’s really rich.

Wifes day off and the hospital is calling begging her to come in. So in she goes.
This was a nice dinner for her awaking from a days punch struck sleep:

Last edited:
If it's not a brushless motor their will be spare brushes in the handle.
One of the cool things about Milwaukee.

Mine is not a Milwaukee. I knew I wasn't going to use it a lot, so I went cheaper. My neighbor borrowed it, and had it for over a year, and I forgot he had it. It is kind of the "sledgehammer" of power saws. You can't do fine cuts with it. But, it is good at what it is good at -- like tearing apart a room for remodeling.

For tree pruning, a chainsaw is 100-times faster, but I wore my chainsaw out years ago, when a friend and I used to cut and sell firewood in small bundles to people in apartments. It was a weekend thing, and we made a few grand for the holidays -- and got in great shape!

IMG_1260.JPG

BTW, I am not short, my friend is 6-foot 7-inches.

CD

Last edited:
Federal/bank holiday today (MLK Day), so I'm not working today (well, I had about 20 minutes of work I had to do this morning...never truly a day off).

It will be 30F/-1C and snowing off and on all day today, and foggy as well. I <bleeping> love it! :cold:

I'll put the finishing touches on the next menu plan, get the shopping list together for that, and do a little online research for some upcoming kitchen makeover items. I may go to the grocery, I may not.

I was scheduled to start physical therapy today but I called to cancel until we get closer to vaccines for everyone in my area. I don't qualify for the priority list so it may be several months before I can get it. I just thought it best that I'm not in a large room around other patients three times per week.

I am planning to start a 7-day cleansing diet because I've been feeling sluggish lately. This time I will supplement with meal replacement shakes in addition to freshly juiced vegetables. The first couple of days are the hardest but I've done it before so I know I can make it.

I was scheduled to start physical therapy today but I called to cancel until we get closer to vaccines for everyone in my area. I don't qualify for the priority list so it may be several months before I can get it. I just thought it best that I'm not in a large room around other patients three times per week.

I am planning to start a 7-day cleansing diet because I've been feeling sluggish lately. This time I will supplement with meal replacement shakes in addition to freshly juiced vegetables. The first couple of days are the hardest but I've done it before so I know I can make it.
When I get that way I try and just eat brunch and dinner. Skip breakfast and any in between snacks.

Reactions: mjd
When I get that way I try and just eat brunch and dinner. Skip breakfast and any in between snacks.
I usually don't eat breakfast and rarely have lunch.
I've been under the weather for a couple of weeks (just don't feel well, in general, nothing specific). I have asthma related to allergies so I've had to use my nebulizer more lately. I already don't sleep well (PTSD) so my body is constantly fatigued. Sorry to whine.
I'm hoping a fast will kick-start my immune system to rejuvenate whatever is wearing me down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom