Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Porchetta with cure and tied. Might cook it on the Weber rotisserie tomorrow with a pan of fingerling potatoes under it, still deciding.

Chinese cured pork belly for pork belly buns. It has to cure for 48 hours and then will go in oven.

The piece we bought was 5.29 pounds, so I cut off the thicker end for the pork belly buns, so that piece is about 1.25 pounds and the other about 4.

The baby quail have started to jump out of the brooder. Got to cover it this morning. (Right now they're fine, they got a goodly handful of morning food to distract them while I do some tea.)

Trip to the vehicle emissions center to hurry up and wait while they check my emissions (er, my car's...). I will probably be able to eat breakfast while waiting. The garage is right next to a small eatery.

Yard and garden work. Need to rip up some debris in advance of further garden planting.

Clean the kitchen.

Food deliveries, we are still selling bulk orders for people and today is the day the order comes in..organize storage in garage for new refrigeration we are going to pick up tomorrow. Unload 35 boxes of flooring tiles and find a spot in said garage for them, try and fit a hike in, feel like pizza tonight so make some pizza dough after lunch...go to band practice after dinner, recording the vocals for a song I wrote....drop by the store and grab a few cans of beer because my beverage fridge is empty.
That is the plan as of now..I haven't had my coffe yet so it is early and things are subject to change..
I can use this thread as my day planner...lol

Well, the roofing for the quail housing has been accomplished. CHECK.
The vehicle emissions thing has been accomplished. CHECK.
Even dropped by a place to pick up a whole free-ranged chicken - no, not live any longer - and a bottle of rum. And a package of one of my favorite chicken cuts: the heart!

Gotta make lunch and then do my outdoors gardening work. I also hope to get a short walk of a mile in, today.

I'm doing hardly anything today... The BTCC (Touring Cars) starts again so I'll be watching that all day.

I'm doing hardly anything today... The BTCC (Touring Cars) starts again so I'll be watching that all day.

We don't get coverage here. Where is it today?

We do have coverage of the Spanish Formula 1 Grand Prix later.

Well, the roofing for the quail housing has been accomplished. CHECK.
The vehicle emissions thing has been accomplished. CHECK.
Even dropped by a place to pick up a whole free-ranged chicken - no, not live any longer - and a bottle of rum. And a package of one of my favorite chicken cuts: the heart!

Gotta make lunch and then do my outdoors gardening work. I also hope to get a short walk of a mile in, today.

Soooo, is the rum a chaser for the chicken heart in some kind of voodoo ritual? :eek:

CD

The European Touring Car competitions are fun to watch. They can get pretty crazy -- as in a lot of paint being traded.

There was talk of DTM coming to the Circuit of the Americas in Texas, but I don't think it ever happened. All we got was Formula 1. To watch this video, you have to click on a link on the video link in my post, because Formula 1 is run by a bunch of greedy SOBs.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8G0C4W0mBs

CD

Last edited:
The European Touring Car competitions are fun to watch. They can get pretty crazy -- as in a lot of paint being traded.

There was talk of DTM coming to the Circuit of the Americas in Texas, but I don't think it ever happened. All we got was Formula 1. To watch this video, you have to click on a link on the video link in my post, because Formula 1 is run by a bunch of greedy SOBs.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8G0C4W0mBs

CD
Formula 1 hasn't held any interest for me for a few years now. It's just a line of noisy cars driving round like a procession.
What killed it for me was Hamilton getting told on the radio that second was fine and just slow down a bit to save the tyres.
How is that racing?
He should be going as hard as possible to win. Screw the tyres, if one blows then he didn't win for a good reason, not because they were settling for second place.

Formula 1 hasn't held any interest for me for a few years now. It's just a line of noisy cars driving round like a procession.
What killed it for me was Hamilton getting told on the radio that second was fine and just slow down a bit to save the tyres.
How is that racing?
He should be going as hard as possible to win. Screw the tyres, if one blows then he didn't win for a good reason, not because they were settling for second place.
F1 are always tinkering with the rules to try make it more interesting, there are only two simple changes needed that will change the sport for the better. Lose the wings and ban radios and telemetry.

There's nothing on there at present (17:11 my time).

I'll check later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom