Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you doing?
Rough after the op, expected .

Better this am. managed small breakfast nothing more yet.
Had physio this am (aka terrorists) stood at bed side. As much as could do.
Got to get x-ray done next. Just waiting.
Usual issues with medication and dairy protein causing problems.
Just can't reach anything other than phone and battery is starting to fall. Already used the backup battery to recharge it.

Hip was apparently bad and ready for replacement. Handy to know given its been replaced. Pain meds and lack of sleep have me tired and incoherent at time, so guess time at what a word actually means that I've written

Just can't reach anything other than phone and battery is starting to fall. Already used the backup battery to recharge it.

Hip was apparently bad and ready for replacement. Handy to know given its been replaced. Pain meds and lack of sleep have me tired and incoherent at time, so guess time at what a word actually means that I've written
First days the worst, they will have you walking same day. Get well and do as they say.

Russ

Thanks for the update - I'd likely still be sleeping.

I hope you're feeling better and out of ICU as soon as is good for you, and please update as you feel like it.

Hopefully things will get steadily better and you'll be up and running soon. Well... maybe not running! Its difficult to comprehend why they don't provide dairy free vegetarian options, given the fact that dairy intolerance is quite common in Australia, I gather.

Plans today included driving into the office for the first time since June:

Masks are the new neckties.

Main plan completed. I met the Estate Sale people at my parents house. They picked everything up fo go to an online auction (not eBay). The house is almost empty, and ready to sell.

This evening, I am cooking dinner for my sister and me. Shrimp scampi with linguini.

CD

While you are at the office, can you ask around and see if anyone knows what my new account number is? :mad:

CD :laugh:
Well, I could have, but the only other person there was the cleaning guy. :laugh:

Seriously, I'm assuming there's a customer service number set up, or a live chat. Things should have settled down by now.

Ok I'm posting from my phone. I pad I upgraded to s#it it self, old one won't let me post but I can sign in. Its doing my head in. It should be sorted in a week ? New technology is sometimes too flash. I cant even post from my I.pad to any forums.
Be back as soon as I can.

Russ

What is the point of you going in to the office if there is nobody else there?
You're going to love this:

I have both a laptop at home and a desktop in my office. Some things I work on, I have to run from my desktop, which I connect to through my laptop (ain't technology grand?).

However, at some point while I was on vacation, my desktop froze and had to be powered off and back on. There was no way to do that remotely, so I had to drive an hour each way to do that, so I just worked the rest of the day from there.

I think that desktop is at the end of its life. It's overdue for the standard two-year replacement, but supplies and COVID being what they are, replacements are few and far between right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom