Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would have the opposite effect on me! :laugh:

Me too. What did I do today? Um... well I made a vegetable soup for partner's lunch. That was about ten minutes of work (chop root veg, thinly slice some sprouts and toss in a saucepan with vegetable stock, some herbs and lentils).

I failed to photograph the phal I made yesterday. That really is about it, apart from watching food TV.

Plans for Friday:
  • Photograph phal and write up recipe.

Everyone but two cancelled for our high tea tomorrow 😑 ten people said they would come for 6 months, so we bought a lot of stuff and now we're left with 2 instead of 10 tomorrow. If they are still coming anyway.
out of the 6 not coming 3 had decent reasons ( chronic illness like me) but 3 were just phony.
I mean ' I suddenly got busy tuesday sorry' ? Bleh. I feel sad.😪
The same 3 also never visited me in hospital, so I guess I should stop calling them friends.

Everyone but two cancelled for our high tea tomorrow 😑 ten people said they would come for 6 months, so we bought a lot of stuff and now we're left with 2 instead of 10 tomorrow. If they are still coming anyway.
out of the 6 not coming 3 had decent reasons ( chronic illness like me) but 3 were just phony.
I mean ' I suddenly got busy tuesday sorry' ? Bleh. I feel sad.😪
The same 3 also never visited me in hospital, so I guess I should stop calling them friends.

That's pretty common these days, sadly. People say they will come to a party, then have something better to do, or just don't feel like doing anything, so they cancel, or just don't show up. RSVPs don't mean anything, anymore.

CD

That's pretty common these days, sadly. People say they will come to a party, then have something better to do, or just don't feel like doing anything, so they cancel, or just don't show up. RSVPs don't mean anything, anymore.

CD
Yeah I definitely agree on that sadly. I am a very commited person, I don't promise things often but if I do I'll move the earth to do it. As I had their word I was dissapointed it meant so little. But I know who not to invite again.

Yeah I definitely agree on that sadly. I am a very commited person, I don't promise things often but if I do I'll move the earth to do it. As I had their word I was dissapointed it meant so little. But I know who not to invite again.

Well, just know that it's not just you. I see it happen all the time. Like you, if I tell someone I am coming, I show up unless I have a really good reason not to show up.

CD

RSVPs don't mean anything, anymore.
What I hate is what a few of my family/friends say, which is, “Yeah, that sounds good. I’ll try and make it.”

I hate that because it makes planning impossible, and the only reason they do it is to give themselves the flexibility either way, so they don’t have to commit until the last possible moment.

I know I sound like a grumpy old man, but it just seem the idea of…casualness?…has infiltrated everything. That, and a lack of consideration.

Windigo - I know that’s frustrating, and I hope that the stuff you’ve bought keeps well so you can have 10 fabulous afternoon teas just for your close friends and family!

What I hate is what a few of my family/friends say, which is, “Yeah, that sounds good. I’ll try and make it.”

I hate that because it makes planning impossible, and the only reason they do it is to give themselves the flexibility either way, so they don’t have to commit until the last possible moment.

I know I sound like a grumpy old man, but it just seem the idea of…casualness?…has infiltrated everything. That, and a lack of consideration.

Windigo - I know that’s frustrating, and I hope that the stuff you’ve bought keeps well so you can have 10 fabulous afternoon teas just for your close friends and family!

I sometimes tell people that I want to come, but I may not be able to. That was very much the case when I was traveling 150 days out of the year, with very short notice. But, my friends knew how my work scheduled was, and they knew I could find out on a Wednesday that I had to fly to LA on Thursday, and would be gone for a week. It was understood that my plans would often change at the last minute.

CD

I sometimes tell people that I want to come, but I may not be able to. That was very much the case when I was traveling 150 days out of the year, with very short notice. But, my friends knew how my work scheduled was, and they knew I could find out on a Wednesday that I had to fly to LA on Thursday, and would be gone for a week. It was understood that my plans would often change at the last minute.

CD
Yes, but that's announced in time. I also absolve my friends with chronic illness from responsibility for this, as they have a valid reason because these illnesses can act up any time.
It's just the people I know are perfectly healthy who come up with an excuse every time that have bugged me out. Especially because one of them is who I used to think was my best friend, but since I've been in ICU this summer she's cancelled every appointment. Guess the reality of my illness is too hard to deal with, she'd not be the first who let me down when things got hard. It's just painful because I lost my best friend, after 3 phoney cancels since my illness I can only conclude that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom