Plastic or metal whisk

chocomore

Veteran
Local time
8:00 AM
I started using a plastic whisk which was good for the lighter baking but once l started making proper cakes l had to switch to a metal whisk as it was stronger, is it the same for you.

Yes. I had a plastic one, but it really didn't do the job. The metal one definitely worked better.

I agree. Plastic ones aren't as sturdy - and the metal whisks provide more aeration, which means fuller cream or a better beating of eggs, whichever you use them for. They're a great investment in the kitchen if used properly.

Opposed to you, I got a silicon whisk that I really like it and made me put aside my collection of metal whisks in different sizes.

Of course, this is only used for a quick batter, but I found that metal ones are best when it comes to baking.

I have always used a metal whisk because it's better than a plastic one. It's also because everyone in my family uses a metal whisk so I guess it's a tradition.

Always used a metallic one. I honestly can't think of a single reason for switching over to plastic.

I have both and I like the silicone was because its good to whisk something like eggs and its very easy to wash. On the other hand if you are going to bake it better to use the metal whisk as its more stronger and can whisk more.

I totally agree, silicone works best for eggs. I still prefer metal for batters and icing. silicone just feels less durable and more flimsy somehow.

I have never tried silicon before though I have heard of it. I already have a metal whisk so I will just stick with what I have.

Wow, strange, I didn't know there were plastic whisks. I have a metal one which is great for generally anything I need to use it for at home. I worked at Bob Evans for a short while though and they had larger metal whisks, which were awesome to work with and sturdier than the ones you tend to find for home use.

I almost always use a metal whisk! I love it! I do have a plastic one, but I rarely use it. I just find that my metal whisk is very durable! It is easy to use and it is really strong. My metal whisk also has a better grip on it than the plastic one. I am able to keep ahold of it better when using it.

Plastic is cheap material, but not great for everything. Stick with your metal whisk. Besides being more eco friendly, it's an overall better tool. You want to use a whisk sturdy enough to get the job done.

I have used the metal whisks always but I am seeing that silicone might be a better option. The metal whisks are so easy to rust which is not good. Are the silicone whisks pricey? I would love to get some and try them out.

I have always used a metal whisk. I don't even think I have seen a plastic whisk. I just find that they are more durable. I do a lot of baking and add nuts and things to my batters. I can see them ripping up a plastic whisk.

Back
Top Bottom