Please, answer a short questionnaire about a useful kitchen gadget.

ymiroshnyk

Local time
9:20 AM
Hello, my friends,

I need your help a little regarding one interesting gadget for the kitchen. Answer, please, my questionnaire below. Your answers will help me a lot to take the correct direction in my journey.

Let’s imagine a moment when you opened a fridge and see a lot of different already opened products.

1. Do you have any difficulties to remember when a product was opened?
  2. Do you write something on products to track their opening date?
  3. Do you like the idea of having some small pretty device in the kitchen which will give you a sticker with a current date in a couple of seconds?

Thank you very much!

I try to use up an item that's already opened before it has a chance to spoil. For instance, once the product is opened, say cheese for example, if it is allowed to sit in the fridge too long, then chances are, it'll spoil before you can get back to it, unless it has been vacuum sealed. Air is the enemy of most foods.

1. Do you have any difficulties to remember when a product was opened?
  2. Do you write something on products to track their opening date?
  3. Do you like the idea of having some small pretty device in the kitchen which will give you a sticker with a current date in a couple of seconds?
1. Sometimes.
2. No. If it's a commercial product, I go by the date stamped on the container, and I try and heed any "use within X days after opening" guidance. If it's something I've made, I just try to set a date in my mind, like, "Ok, that'll need to be tossed by Saturday."
3. I like the idea, but I don't like stickers, unless they're not very sticky. I reuse a lot of glass jars, and I don't want something I have to work at removing every time I go to wash it or reuse it.

I generally use everything in the refrigerator within It's use date and don't have difficulty remembering hen i opened it or when to throw it out. When I freeze stuff in baggies, I use a sharpie to mark what's in it, and I have blank sticky labels (obtained for free) in my junk drawer in the kitchen to mark contents of containers for the freezer. It's fast and easy. Gadgets take up space, I've got enough gadgets already. So no I wouldn't need a specific tool for making labels.

Back
Top Bottom