Popcorn

Herbie

Veteran
Local time
4:59 AM
Does this thread live here?

So, it's Saturday night and we are settled down with popcorn and a film. We usually have salted popcorn. How about you?

Sugar? Caramel? Salt? Cheese? Spice? Give me ideas (savoury for me, please).

Bacon Jalapeño Cheddar popcorn is one of my favourites. I have a recipe somewhere that I will have to find and post.

Well, I'm making a butter, miso, honey, garlic butter/sauce for our dinner tonight. From what I tasted earlier, that might make a pretty good popcorn butter.

Grandkids love popcorn, me I prefer old fashioned chips n dip. Potato crisps and with a dip which is reduced cream onion soup dry mix and a teaspoon of malt vinegar. I had this last night watching Netflix . Really yummy.

Russ

Well, I'm making a butter, miso, honey, garlic butter/sauce for our dinner tonight. From what I tasted earlier, that might make a pretty good popcorn butter.

Miso popcorn is a great idea! I'll bet someone has already done it...

...quick Google reveals lots of recipes.

Does this thread live here?

So, it's Saturday night and we are settled down with popcorn and a film. We usually have salted popcorn. How about you?

Sugar? Caramel? Salt? Cheese? Spice? Give me ideas (savoury for me, please).
My wife found a recipe for bourbon bacon popcorn. I’ll share it later

I used to love homemade popcorn done in butter rather than oil offer air popped. But that was before the dairy allergy really kicked in. Until then we used goat's milk butter which was excellent and didn't put me in anaphylactic shock.

Now we buy popcorn. The only one we like is the one called "slightly salted, slightly sweet". Is excellent and very low calorie. I haven't been able to replicate it sadly.

Very occasionally we'll try a different one. Salted caramel is one we are ok with and a Christmas time one only that we like is tbe cinnamon popcorn.

Back
Top Bottom