Popular dogbreeds

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
3:46 AM
The past couple of years I have noticed quite a few border terriers, haven't seen any for years but they seem to have become quite popular.

Yorkshire terriers used to be popular but they are now few and far between.

Has anyone else noticed a change over the years?

Here, it always follows what breed wins at the Westminster Kennel Club (NYC) dog show. Whatever breed is named Best In Show, look for half your neighbors to have one within a year and half of those sent to the pound by the following year. 😒

Here, it always follows what breed wins at the Westminster Kennel Club (NYC) dog show. Whatever breed is named Best In Show, look for half your neighbors to have one within a year and half of those sent to the pound by the following year. 😒

A terrier won Best in Show in 2014 at The Westminster Show. I watched that year because my neighbor/friend was the Best in Show judge.
Unknown.jpeg

CD

The past couple of years I have noticed quite a few border terriers, haven't seen any for years but they seem to have become quite popular.
View attachment 41917

Yorkshire terriers used to be popular but they are now few and far between.

View attachment 41918

Has anyone else noticed a change over the years?

My previous dog, before psycho-poodle, was a border terrier. She lived 17 years, and was a great dog. I kept her hair long, most of the time.

Casey-0021.jpg

CD

1592156853908.png

My daughter's beau's POMSKY with his brothers and sister. I do not know how the breeder managed to take this picture, but they're soooooo cute. LOKI is the second from left. He's such a lovable, nice doggie. His only sister is the white one.

There has been a trend over recent years for modern 'designer' crossbreeds, at the expense of more traditional breeds. Not sure what that says about their owners.

In my town there are three Bernese Mountain Dogs (that I know of), owned by two different people. The woman who owns two of them got them as rescues (apparently the original owners were no longer able to care for them due to age or possibly death). They're beautiful dogs, and seem well-mannered, so at some point I'm potentially interested.

So, in a town of less than 600 people, this makes them a popular breed? !!

My two cats are elderly and it would not be fair to bring dog energy into their lives now. Plus with COVID distancing, I think any young dog would be a mistake as it is important to socialize them both to other dogs and to people beyond just myself.

Back when and where I was working, Labradoodles were a popular "breed".

I got Max from a Police pound , I had a Cop friend. He was a Dealers trophy dog. A 140 lbs Boerboel . He had been badly abused so I could not take him out of our secured garden very often. You can see his size next to a bike I had then

Back
Top Bottom