Pork chops and applesauce

DancingLady

Veteran
Local time
11:29 PM
I grew up having pork chops and applesauce as a special occasion dinner. I thought it was a pretty common combination, but people seem to think it is unusual. Have you ever had applesauce with your pork chops?

As a child, we always had apple sauce with pork. then I stopped because the rest of my family didn't like it. The last time I had it was around 15 years ago. My taste buds must have changed because to be honest im no longer very keen on it myself.

I grew up having pork chops and applesauce as a special occasion dinner. I thought it was a pretty common combination, but people seem to think it is unusual. Have you ever had applesauce with your pork chops?

So did we! :wink:

Well I am interested. I have some applesauce I picked up and I am looking for things to make that call for applesauce. I tasted it recently to get an idea of the taste. I bought it with baking in mind but I am happy to get as many ideas as possible. I plan to ease off of the pork but my husband can eat it everyday so I will consider this.

So to answer your question I have not used it with pork chops. I have not used it at all.

Last edited:
Apple sauce is the traditional condiment for pork ,I also love to do a apple fritter or a spiced apple chutney

We have a small apple tree and use the apples to make our own sauce tree to table sort of thing. Nothing added just mush up the apples. Excellent.

That's so interesting, I wonder why younger people here have not heard about it? Has it gone out of fashion or something?

A bit of history

Quite an interesting read. And I thought I knew pigs. I am pretty sure not many in my culture might be aware of all this and the only apples we grow here are golden apples by the way.

That's so interesting, I wonder why younger people here have not heard about it? Has it gone out of fashion or something?

I am not very young myself and it's news to me. When Berties spoke of it being a traditional condiment for pork I had to read it a few times. I have to ask around, but that is also news to me. I thought I was already baking the best leg of pork.

Quite an interesting read. And I thought I knew pigs. I am pretty sure not many in my culture might be aware of all this and the only apples we grow here are golden apples by the way.

I am not very young myself and it's news to me. When Berties spoke of it being a traditional condiment for pork I had to read it a few times. I have to ask around, but that is also news to me. I thought I was already baking the best leg of pork.

May be its a UK thing
Pork and apple sauce
Lamb and mint sauce
Beef and horseradish
Nothing trendy or unusual about it
It's what we serve with roast pork
Bramley apple sauce , sage and onion stuffing and gravey

Pork chops and applesauce does taste divine; thinking about it I can't remember ever having this dish before. I think I will be trying out this dish the next time I am cooking myself some pork; I hope my kids will enjoy it as times they tend to be so picky.

I have never eaten apple sauce with Pork Chops even though I have heard of it.
I always use to eat my Mom's red tomato relish with it. It is sweet and tastes great with
Pork Chops. My sister gave me a few bottles of apple sauce and I wasn't sure what
I was going to do with them. The next time I have pork chops I think I will finally
give it a try.

MMMMMMMMM any kind of pork with applesauce served on the side is a favorite in my house. The sweet applesauce just goes so will with the flavor of pork roast, pork chops, ect. In fact, that is the only thing I use applesauce for. I do not care for the flavored applesauces with pork (in fact, I do not like them at all).

We also had applesauce with pork chops when I was growing up. We had fried apples and cinnamon often, I also like to have cranberry sauce with pork chops.

I love and applesauce. I've made it for my family for years. My kids love the sweetness of the applesauce with the pork. In the fall I'll make my own applesauce in my crockpot.

Back
Top Bottom