Pork mince

lizzief79

Veteran
Local time
5:41 AM
I recently got a really good deal on a bag of meat from the butchers and recommended it to my sister. One of the items was 1 lb of pork mince. My sister is not very skilled in the kitchen and says that she would have no idea what to cook with it. I said to do exactly the same as she would with beef mince and suggested burgers, patties, meatballs and pasta/ Bolognese type dishes. Any other ideas for easy meals she can make for herself and her three boys?

If she's got the proper spices on hand, she can easily turn some of that into home made sausage - plus the added benefit is there won't be any weird preservatives or MSG in it like you get with the store bought variety of sausages.

I would also maybe look into some Chinese dishes. Maybe make a batch of home made pork egg rolls. A pot of home made won ton soup, where she can make her own little pork won tons. You can even just simply saute some ground pork with garlic, scallions, soy sauce, and rice noodles for a simple meal.

She can blend it with some ground beef for meatloaf, stuffed peppers and stuffed cabbages as well. Or make a pork gravy in a cream sauce to go over biscuits for breakfast in the morning.

I like to make pork patties with ground pork. Add minced onions, minced ginger, garlic powder, soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper to the ground pork, an egg, then mix well and form into patties. I drop the patties into flour on both sides and then put them into the fridge to set. After about an hour I'll fry them until they crispy on the outside. They taste like the filling of won tons but in a patty. I'll serve them with rice and bak choy. They are nice change from eating beef patties.

Back
Top Bottom