Recipe Portobello Mushroom Pizza

L_B

Veteran
Local time
4:46 AM
One of my favorite things to make with Portobello mushrooms is mini pizzas. You can add the topping of your choice. Mine are usually different every time depending what I have on hand at the time. They are low in carbs and very tasty. They are a great alternative to regular pizza dough.

Ingredients

• 1 large portobello mushroom, stem removed
  • 1 tablespoon spaghetti sauce
  • 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 tablespoon sliced black olives
  • 4 slices pepperoni sausage
  • 1 clove garlic, chopped
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. Place the mushroom on a baking sheet, and bake for 5 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from the oven, and spread spaghetti sauce in the cup of the cap. Top with cheese, olives, pepperoni and garlic.
  3. Bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/55498/personal-portobello-pizza/

149180.jpg

I would make those. It does look like something pretty simple to make, and fairly healthy. I have been wanting to make some stuffed portabellas. That looks like something that would be delicious and interesting to try. Thanks for sharing!

YUM! Now we're talking - a pizza with a mushroom as a base?! Sign me up! Looks delicious and I love that you could just mix and match whatever toppings for picky family members! Makes it super easy as a family meal!

Reactions: L_B
YUM! Now we're talking - a pizza with a mushroom as a base?! Sign me up! Looks delicious and I love that you could just mix and match whatever toppings for picky family members! Makes it super easy as a family meal!
My sentiments exactly. Sign me up!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom