Posting a recipe

cookieee

Local time
6:43 PM
If I am the only one that prints out recipes from here, please ignore this post. But if there are others, would people posting a recipe please keep it all together for those that would like to make a copy of it. Thank you:)

Like this

Title of recipe

ingredients

directions

post picture (if any) before or after recipe, not in the middle of recipe

post picture (if any) before or after recipe, not in the middle of recipe

I always post the photos after the intro and again at the end if I want to add another. The title is the thread title so no need to repeat it in the post and this isn't site policy. It would be unusual to post photos between the 'Ingredients' and the 'Method' and I think we would discourage that. But , sometimes, recipes include a pre-amble with step by step photographs. They are past of the introduction and I know a lot of members really appreciate that.

If you want a neat print out minus photographs I highly recommend a free website I posted you before. Its very fast and turns a recipe thread into a lovely printable result which includes the title! Its brilliant. No need to copy & paste. I'll need to look it up again if you didn't make a note of it.

I always post the photos after the intro and again at the end if I want to add another. The title is the thread title so no need to repeat it in the post and this isn't site policy. It would be unusual to post photos between the 'Ingredients' and the 'Method' and I think we would discourage that. But , sometimes, recipes include a pre-amble with step by step photographs. They are past of the introduction and I know a lot of members really appreciate that.

If you want a neat print out minus photographs I highly recommend a free website I posted you before. Its very fast and turns a recipe thread into a lovely printable result which includes the title! Its brilliant. No need to copy & paste. I'll need to look it up again if you didn't make a note of it.
That's ok, I guess I'm the only one with this problem.

Here is an example of what Print Friendly & PDF does - this is a recipe from Cookingbites.

You enter the URL of the recipe and if you don't want images, simply set the output to display 0%. This is what it produces:

I didn't click on the right things, I now have 2 small and one very large COLORED pictures of your Juniper Potatoes. You owe me a new toner.:laugh:

I didn't click on the right things, I now have 2 small and one very large COLORED pictures of your Juniper Potatoes. You owe me a new toner.:laugh:

Sorry. You should be able to see what you are printing out before you do so. And if you can see the photos then that is what it prints. Just set the image icon to zero and no images will be included - see below.

Back
Top Bottom