Recipe Potato Omelette

Gene Gibly

Guru
Local time
1:30 PM
4 Large Potatoes - peel, wash and cut into cubes then cook in a pan with hot water until brown, then drain.

2 Onions - chop and fry them in a pan with hot water (without browning) then drain.

4 Eggs - mix with a tablespoon of chopped parsley, salt and pepper to taste.

In a large bowl, combine the potatoes and onions, add salt and pepper to taste and add the beaten eggs. Mix well.

Bring a skillet over high heat with oil and when hot pour the preparation of potatoes. When you have cooked the base, lower the heat, turn the omelette, and complete the cooking.

Serve hot or cold.

As much as I love garlic, sometimes it's nice to leave it out of certain recipes for a change of pace - it can kind of overpower other flavors. For example, Marcella Hazan's famous recipe for tomato sauce doesn't use any garlic, just onion and butter.

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't these otherwise known as Latke's? They're super delicious, but I was almost under the impression initially that this would be an egg omelette with a potato filling.

Our version of potato omelette at home is first fry the bite size potatoes and when cooked set aside. Then saute chopped onion and tomatoes and we also omit the garlic and yes it is true not all recipe requires the use of garlic. Beat eggs then put a dash of pepper and salt and combine the fried potatoes and sauteed onion and tomatoes then cook already the omelette and this is one of my family's favorite for breakfast!

hmm... I do this rarely, for me adding potatoes is more of a way to have a cheap yet filling breakfast. And seeing as eggs really aren't that expensive to begin with I don't really see the need to throw potatoes in there.

Tried something like this for the first time at our college's dining hall and loved it. It was a Mexican dish and only served that one time in celebration of Mexican food/culture.

Sometimes I just bake a potato, cut up into pieces, fry bacon into tiny pieces, fry a finely chopped onion, then add everything to a pan and scrambled some eggs in there. That's just as amazing.

Back
Top Bottom