Potatoes glut??

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
11:52 AM
News here is saying Europe has a potato glut and will be flooding Australia and New Zealand. I'm talking dirt cheap compared to local growers.,I buy mine from a potato farmer and it's an honesty box. We had fries last night, the wife said there's frozen in the freezer, I said I'm doing my own and supporting the local farmers. Is there a glut near you and are they cheap.?

Russ

I've not heard of any glut here in the Midwest US, but potatoes are cheap anyway (but I'd like them to be cheaper).

We have potatoes almost every day.

I've not heard of any glut here in the Midwest US, but potatoes are cheap anyway (but I'd like them to be cheaper).

We have potatoes almost every day.

I probably eat potatoes about 3 - 4 times a month.

I always see them in the supermarket, but I am growing much of my own this year. There don't seem to be more prevalent than usual.

I probably eat potatoes about 3 - 4 times a month.

I always see them in the supermarket, but I am growing much of my own this year. There don't seem to be more prevalent than usual.
Let's see...Saturday, potatoes with breakfast; Sunday, baked potato; tonight, mashed potatoes; tomorrow, potato omelette... 🥔 🥔 🥔!

Let's see...Saturday, potatoes with breakfast; Sunday, baked potato; tonight, mashed potatoes; tomorrow, potato omelette... 🥔 🥔 🥔!

Saturday - scalloped potatoes au gratin with onion and nutmeg.

Tuesday I will eat the leftover scalloped potatoes.

I seriously NEVER want to see potatoes inside an omelet.

I will probably make something with potatoes NEXT week.

I did have take out breakfast last Tuesday and I forgot to tell them I didn't need the hashed potatoes with the meal. I was already having a toasted English muffin, so enough carbs for that meal - and that place really doesn't do hashed potatoes well.

Back
Top Bottom