Recipe Prawn Fritters

Froz

Veteran
Local time
5:53 AM
Perfect dished-out as appetizers or as an Hors d'oeuvre, prawn fritters should turn out to please more or less anyone. Quite simple to make, the only difficulty you could encounter is if you accidentally let them overcook; indeed once in the fryer or frying pan it doesn't usually take more than a minute for them to be perfectly cooked.

First, in order to prepare the prawns, you will need:
- around 300gr of prawns (peel them leaving only the shell on their tails)
- finely sliced garlic
- salt
- pepper
- parsley
- lemon juice
Put all of the above ingredients together, including the prawns, but making sure that their tails do not fall off (important).

Now let's take care of the batter; blend together:
- 200gr of flour
- salt
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 egg
- 13cl of warm water
- baking power
(let the batter rest for 10/15 min in the fridge)

Add a fair amount of oil into a frying pan or use a fryer. Once the oil is boiling, take each shrimp by the tail and dip it into the batter before slowly dropping it into the oil. As soon as the prawn fritters have taken shape and become a golden color, they are are ready to be taken out and reserved on a paper towel.
Once you get the knack of the whole process, you should be able to cook 3 or 4 of them at the same time.

58908_439630977319_3980146_n.jpg

I actually loved eating these back when I still ate shrimp. I wish I still could, honestly, because I really enjoyed them back then. I like dipping them in sweet and sour sauce. Anyway, thanks for sharing this, you have reminded me of some good times.

Oh, you no longer able to eat shrimps ? (by choice or health related if I may ask?)
And yes, these kind of treats definitely blend in just fine with sweet and sour sauce - dangerous though, when you start you can no longer stop lol) - and I suspect that the sky's the limit when it comes to sauces you give try them with :wink:

Back
Top Bottom