Pre cooking lasagna sheets

Ella

Veteran
Local time
2:04 AM
Do you cook them first or slightly before you layer a lasagna or do you put them in dry and allow the sauce to soften the sheets?

I have done both, but once the sheets didn't cook through even though there was sauce, but obviously not enough! It seems that is maybe better to precook them slightly in case the sauce isn't enough.

I USED to do that, but I don't any more.

I figured; why boil them at all, when they're going to cook in the oven anyway? :eek:

I ALWAYS boil mine before. I never even thought to get it right by going straight to the oven. I have not prepared a lasagna in a while though. I wonder if I will try the other method. Not sure. I am going to research this and wait to see what others have to say. Quite an interesting scenario.

I do not really cook lasagna myself, but I can remember my mom boiling the lasagna sheets first and then draining them off. She would then put them aside, prepare everything else, and then layer the lasagna. I think this may be a better method than putting them in dry. Putting the sheets in dry may result in having to leave everything in the oven longer than is necessary.

Rachael Ray Orange lasagna pan.jpg

I want to make some soon, and I want to do it in THIS pan.

My lovely beautiful Orange Rachael Ray Lasagna Pan!! I may do it before the holiday season is over!! :hungry:

View attachment 378

I want to make some soon, and I want to do it in THIS pan.

My lovely beautiful Orange Rachael Ray Lasagna Pan!! I may do it before the holiday season is over!! :hungry:

So I take it the direct oven approach is working for you Shermie? And this beautiful orange pan is specially designed for baking Lasagna. How sweet! Well that is going to be a bit tricky for me as I love to make my lasagna in a glass baking dish. I love to see the juices and see before hand if it was baked to perfection.:)

Back
Top Bottom