Pre-made side dishes

Sweetkymom

Veteran
Local time
7:24 PM
I'm not a big fan of pre-made side dishes bought from a store. There is only two exceptions that will lead me to buy it at the store. Baked beans are my favorite and my mom is the only one that really makes them the way I like them. If my mom is not around to make me some or I'm needing to get some for a cook out, I will buy a container from the store to heat up. Nothing beats my moms homemade baked beans.

I like Stove Top stuffing. I love stuffing and even though it's not that hard to make it's just fine out of the box. It has to be Stove Top though, the other brands just don't cut it.

We can't buy the beans we like where we live now so we make them.

Most of the pre-made are really not all that good as far as I am concerned. Homemade baked beans are the best, especially if you have them with homemade potato salad!

The ones I find here are mediocre as well. They do taste alright, but they just lack punch or are just not made in a way I particularly like. The only side dish I'm happy with is potato salad from one restaurant I frequent and mashed potatoes which is pretty much the same anywhere.

I'm a sucker for Stove Top stuffing as well, in all it's MSG processed glory. That is one thing I insist on having at all big meals.

Most of the other pre-made stuff I don't care for either, especially the pre-made mashed potatoes. They are so gluey and gross, and loaded to the brim with salt.

My uncle invited us all over one year for Thanksgiving. Mind you, he doesn't cook, so instead be bought a "pre-made" meal kit from his local grocery store. You would think that they would at least have made the stuff from scratch, I swear it was all just TV dinner stuff emptied into to-go containers. He could have just hit up the freezer section and got all this stuff on his own, and probably saved a few bucks. Major disappointment.

I'm a sucker for Stove Top stuffing as well, in all it's MSG processed glory. That is one thing I insist on having at all big meals.

Most of the other pre-made stuff I don't care for either, especially the pre-made mashed potatoes. They are so gluey and gross, and loaded to the brim with salt.

My uncle invited us all over one year for Thanksgiving. Mind you, he doesn't cook, so instead be bought a "pre-made" meal kit from his local grocery store. You would think that they would at least have made the stuff from scratch, I swear it was all just TV dinner stuff emptied into to-go containers. He could have just hit up the freezer section and got all this stuff on his own, and probably saved a few bucks. Major disappointment.
One year, my mom was having rough holiday because I will never forget that was the year Kroger made Thanksgiving dinner. Dry meat, flavorless sides and who knows what else was happening. I wanted to go to a restaurant but suffered through the horrendous meal :D.

Back
Top Bottom