Prepared and Cooked Today- Lazy Day in the Kitchen

lizzief79

Veteran
Local time
7:20 AM
As much as I love cooking today has been a bit of a lazy day for me. I'm not much of a breakfast person but two of my children had porridge and the other two had cereals. At lunch time there was only myself and my youngest two at home. I warmed us up some of the homemade vegetable soup I had prepared last night to use up some vegetables. At dinner time I had to wait for my online grocery order to be delivered at 5pm and then put it away before I could even start to make anything tonight. I had just had lots of peppers, tomatoes, celery and mushrooms delivered. I also had a couple of bulbs of garlic and a bag of minced beef. It was screaming out to me to make spaghetti bolognese with it. A simple dish but one that is quick and easy to make when you are in a rush. I know most people probably don't put celery in this meal but we like it and I'm not one for sticking to recipes when I cook at home. Do others on here have a day where they are lazy in the kitchen and just make something quick and easy with whatever ingredients they have to hand?

I have days when I prepare those quick meals, yes... but I always have a menu, too, so they're planned lazy days instead of spontaneous. :roflmao:

I don't usually throw something together with what I have in the fridge or pantry because of having a menu but sometimes (rarely!) if I can't get to the store I end up doing that.

I used to stick closely to recipes but I'm learning to "go my own way" and modify. Sometimes I add an ingredient and sometimes I remove... I'm even learning to substitute more. That used to scare me because I was so sure I'd end up tossing our meal out... never happened that way, though! :happy:

Whenever I find myself without time to cook, I usually prepare some quick sandwiches, with whatever ingredients I have, or even from leftovers and just bake them in my oven for a few minutes. Even though they are simple to make, baked sandwiches are always great and you can improvise a lot while doing them.

Back
Top Bottom