Preparing the pan

HomeMama

Veteran
Local time
10:57 AM
I have heard of many different ways to prepare the pan for baking varies goods in the oven.
  • Use flour
  • Use butter
  • Use oil
  • Use cooking spray
All of these are all choices for cakes, cookies, pies, biscuits, and sorted meats. I find that I use cooking spray the most, although I am not quite sure why. It could be that it quicker than spreading a pan with flour, oil, or butter. Or it could be because I use too much flour and always have that flour taste at the bottom of my cakes and cornbread's. But I have recently been wondering is it healthy to spray this for baking? And also how much flour are you supposed to coat the pan with?
I'm hoping to fix some sweet cornbread for my children tonight and I'm going to try the flour. I just hope I do not over or under do it.

I use a cooking or baking spray, depending on what I'm about to put in the oven.
For cakes, I spray the pan with a baking spray. This helps eliminate having to grease and flour the pan(s). :)

I have prepared the pan using most of what you have listed up there and found that usually butter and flour work much better for me than the rest.
With the flour you really need a little bit, enough to lightly cover the pan but you must be able to flip the pan over and not have a lot of flour spilling to the floor! That's how I do it and it works wonders for me.

Back
Top Bottom