PROCOOK?

zuludog

Veteran
Local time
7:02 AM
www.procook.co.uk is a British chain of cookware suppliers, both shops and online

As I've posted recently, I'm thinking of replacing some of my frying pans and probably a knife
That's when the fun starts - there are so many!

I've been round & round the Net, and among other suppliers I've found Procook
I had a look around one of their stores a couple of years ago, though I didn't buy anything

Their products look reasonable enough - does anyone know anything about them?

Yes - I have bought saucepans from them. I have a stainless steel set which are great. Good company, good quality, reasonable prices. :okay: I would definitely recommend them.

We don't have Procook here. Looks like all of their merchandise is their own brand (which probably means Chinese). So, I can't really judge their product quality. But many of the prices look pretty good.

CD

BTW MG, I have always been curious about the British use of state of being verbs. You say, "I have a stainless steel set which are great," or "BMW are a car company." Instead, we say, "I have a stainless steel set which is great," or "BMW is a car company." A "set" of something is singular, and "BMW" is singular. Why the plural version of the verb? Hmmmmm.

You say, "I have a stainless steel set which are great," or "BMW are a car company."

It was a typo. My mistake. A 'set' is singular so I should have said 'is'. And a company is singular so we would say 'BMW is a car company'. Far as I know, despite our many linguistic differences, this isn't one of them!

It was a typo. My mistake. A 'set' is singular so I should have said 'is'. And a company is singular so we would say 'BMW is a car company'. Far as I know, despite our many linguistic differences, this isn't one of them!

Okay. It is just often I hear the word "are" where it seems odd, especially when referring to a company name. That has always tweaked my curiosity.

Sorry about the thread-jack. Carry on.

CD

Back
Top Bottom